Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

The nazi is not a nazi because he is trying to piss people off by saying nazi things and draw attention to himself and his nazi-like speech.  Which differs from real nazis in that they act the same way.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

dps

The question LaCroix asked wasn't whether or not the guy was really a Nazi;  it was whether or not Garbon thinks the guy was really a Nazi. 

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

LaCroix

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 26, 2017, 11:10:59 AM
The nazi is not a nazi because he is trying to piss people off by saying nazi things and draw attention to himself and his nazi-like speech.  Which differs from real nazis in that they act the same way.

"hitler did nothing wrong" is a massive internet meme jokingly said by a shit ton of people. the only indication in the article that this guy was a nazi is that he said that meme

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 26, 2017, 11:41:03 AM
"hitler did nothing wrong" is a massive internet meme jokingly said by a shit ton of people.

Wow. So hilarious.

So many LOLZ. It is so awesome to live in an era populated by such wits.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: LaCroix on January 26, 2017, 11:41:03 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 26, 2017, 11:10:59 AM

"hitler did nothing wrong" is a massive internet meme jokingly said by a shit ton of people. the only indication in the article that this guy was a nazi is that he said that meme

Right.  We just said the same thing.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: dps on January 26, 2017, 11:16:02 AM
The question LaCroix asked wasn't whether or not the guy was really a Nazi;  it was whether or not Garbon thinks the guy was really a Nazi. 

And I don't think he's worth my time replying to.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2017, 11:42:39 AMWow. So hilarious.

I'm glad I didn't live in an era that widely thought monty python was hilarious  :P

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on January 26, 2017, 11:46:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2017, 11:42:39 AMWow. So hilarious.

I'm glad I didn't live in an era that widely thought monty python was hilarious  :P

Indeed. I guess you live for hilarious statements like 'Mao was just misunderstood'

I will give you a few seconds so you can recover from your bouts of uncontrollable laughter.

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2017, 11:47:54 AMIndeed. I guess you live for hilarious statements like 'Mao was just misunderstood'

I will give you a few seconds so you can recover from your bouts of uncontrollable laughter.

I never said I thought it was funny... I was explaining it to people who don't understand this culture and just attack it out of ignorance. it's dumb and silly, but it's not nazism

derspiess

Quote from: LaCroix on January 26, 2017, 11:46:27 AM

I'm also glad you didn't :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk