Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Oexmelin

Seriously: who the fuck are these people?
Que le grand cric me croque !

Martinus

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 20, 2016, 04:59:02 PM

People who operate within a completely different paradigm than yours*.

*Hint: doesn't mean either of you is right.

Martinus

Valmy

Didn't they win? Maybe they only did in my paradigm.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2016, 05:03:34 PM

:lol:

OMG the big liberal corporation hates conservatives and Trump!!!

So much for the paradigm where we are all beating them to death and shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

In this case it was posted by my niece's husband, an Army sergeant who also wondered why police didn't disperse Anti-Trump-Protesters with  few rounds fired over their heads.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Man those pitiful little protests sure hit a nerve. Maybe I was wrong to roll my eyes at them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2016, 05:08:08 PM

In this case it was posted by my niece's husband, an Army sergeant who also wondered why police didn't disperse Anti-Trump-Protesters with  few rounds fired over their heads.

lol, over their heads and into what? 
JUST SHOOT THE GUN OUT OF HIS HAND

Oexmelin

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2016, 05:01:41 PM
People who operate within a completely different paradigm than yours*.

*Hint: doesn't mean either of you is right.

What paradigm would that be?*

*Hint: Sometimes, the expression of astonishment comes not from the incapacity to conceive of a different worldview, but from the endless capacity of authoritarians of all stripes (who generally celebrate power and violence) to continuously portray themselves as victims. 

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on November 20, 2016, 05:14:23 PM
Man those pitiful little protests sure hit a nerve. Maybe I was wrong to roll my eyes at them.

I swear, I'll never understand the contemporary Americans' horror at protest and demonstration, including for those who would otherwise describe themselves as liberals.

Admiral Yi

I figure it's a riff on that protest at a Trump rally in California that got violent.

Martinus

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 20, 2016, 05:22:38 PM

I swear, I'll never understand the contemporary Americans' horror at protest and demonstration, including for those who would otherwise describe themselves as liberals.

I don't know about contemporary Americans or liberals but most decent human beings are horrified at people who vandalise property and assault fellow citizens no matter what they are protesting for or against.

Oexmelin

I'll take your assessment of what constitutes human decency with a tiny grain of salt. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on November 20, 2016, 05:22:38 PM

I think protests are great. I have participated in a few. So your condemnation is misplaced.