Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2016, 07:20:49 PM
My side as lost today because you have this weird thing "term limits".

Not really. Obama was pro-TPP.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

Quote from: derspiess on November 09, 2016, 07:28:46 PM
Thank God.

If Obama was on the ticket, pretty sure he would have crushed the pedo-rapist. Didn't Obama carry Ohio twice?

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2016, 07:03:00 PM
We can have free trade agreement without taking away local soveiringnity & putting in the hands of 15 experts.
how are we taking away local sov. & putting it in the hands of 15 experts with CETA?
You have the full text and the summaries here:
Link
Just point me in the right direction :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Stuff like this is almost worth having a shitty President leading the strongest country on Earth for 4 years. :P

Syt

I wonder what my sisters would have posted if Trump had lost ...  :hmm:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Be charitable. So far Trump and your sister, at least, have been rather well behaved in their victory. Take it as a positive. I think Democrat supporters have been the sore losers (but not all - and obviously Obama was a class act as always).

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 03:51:39 AM
Be charitable. So far Trump and your sister, at least, have been rather well behaved in their victory. Take it as a positive. I think Democrat supporters have been the sore losers (but not all - and obviously Obama was a class act as always).

Oh this is not you taking a side?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I have heard the "sore loser" thing from lots of Trump supporters.  Rather odd considering that their candidate was saying how he wasn't going to recognize the results of an election.  What is bizarre is that Trump supporters are still claiming the election was rigged.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

lol, I don't think you can get anymore "sore loser" than Obama's congresses. 

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 10, 2016, 07:03:09 AM
lol, I don't think you can get anymore "sore loser" than Obama's congresses. 

Marty only regards social media as important. Actual political actions are cool.

QuoteBe charitable.

Yes. When are you going to start?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2016, 06:52:10 AM
Rather odd considering that their candidate was saying how he wasn't going to recognize the results of an election.

Yeah. You want to address that Marty?

Berkut

I would be disgusted by the Trump crowd crooning about "unity" and bullshit like that in the face of their candidates campaign, but I am pretty beyond any meaningful response to anything at this point.

When Obama was elected the GOP made a conscious decision to oppose everything he did, regardless of its merits. And that is exactly what they did for eight years.

Then they nominated someone who ran on an explicit platform of dis-unity, division, bigotry, and identity politics.

He has zero standing to expect anyone to back him other than the people who WANTED a racist, bigoted douchebag running the country. Good luck with that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Marti is just a piece of shit full of shit as always.  Considering how much of a disaster this election has been to everything the liberals stand for, they have taken this remarkably well (though maybe the shock is not wearing off yet).  Contrast this with how people reacted to Obama's win, and continued to react for all of the following years.

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2016, 08:40:36 AM
I would be disgusted by the Trump crowd crooning about "unity" and bullshit like that in the face of their candidates campaign, but I am pretty beyond any meaningful response to anything at this point.

When Obama was elected the GOP made a conscious decision to oppose everything he did, regardless of its merits. And that is exactly what they did for eight years.

Then they nominated someone who ran on an explicit platform of dis-unity, division, bigotry, and identity politics.

He has zero standing to expect anyone to back him other than the people who WANTED a racist, bigoted douchebag running the country. Good luck with that.

I fully agree, but then what are the options? Who would benefit if the Democrats picked up the playbook of the GOP and started being obstructive sons of bitches just for the heck of it? Apart from Trump, I mean? Because that is the safest way to guarantee a 2nd (and 3rd and 4th, as things stand) term. Give him an easily identifiable domestic scapegoat to blame for all the big mess he is bound to create.

Sure, by opposing only what needs to be opposed as a matter of principle, it still means a long and conflict-ridden 4 years. But it would be a grave and strategic error to just dismiss all hints of cooperation because its Trump.