Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Doesn't even mention the worst part: the Democrats want to take our guns away so we can't shoot the Muslims before they blow us up.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I guess the guy who wrote that never heard of Indonesia.  Or Malaysia.  Or hell, Egypt.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Meant in jest, but not originally so, as some comments indicate it. ;)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 11, 2016, 05:41:25 AM

I don't think I've seen anyone dress as any sort of Indian or Native American here in, well, decades.  Is that a thing over there?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on October 11, 2016, 12:41:53 AM

HOW do people ask questions for premises that aren't true????  WHAT is the definition of that kind of fallacy????  HOW many bullets do I have in this loaded question before I can kill people with it????  WHERE are my socks????

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2016, 05:48:45 AM

I don't think I've seen anyone dress as any sort of Indian or Native American here in, well, decades.  Is that a thing over there?

every once in a while the internet freaks out about cultural appropriation of native American culture, like when a celeb wears a dram catcher, or puts out a Instagram post with some feathers. usually it's annoying white people trying to play the great white savior thing, which I find funny in its own right.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2016, 05:48:45 AM

I don't think so, and besides it was posted by a Yank expat, in jest, though the original post wasn't IIRC.

Moreover, Halloween is still not a great thing here, but some marketing types try to play it up.

Oexmelin

Quote from: HVC on October 11, 2016, 05:51:31 AM
like when a celeb wears a dram catche

That's Scottish cultural appropriation though.
Que le grand cric me croque !

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Today's facebook photo filter/cause of the day amuses me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2016, 09:27:20 AM
:unsure:

I believe today is Equal Pay Day, at least it is in Austria (i.e. the day when men have earned as much as women in similar positions), highlighting income equality between men and women.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.