News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

In their defense Covid-19 is, relatively speaking, frighteningly intelligent.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Fine.  No mail in ballots.  If Trump wants to vote than he can wait in line like every one else.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on May 17, 2020, 11:22:25 AM
In their defense Covid-19 is, relatively speaking, frighteningly intelligent.
:lol:

Syt

My oldest sister, the nurse, also posted a few days ago that if there's going to be a vaccine against Covid-19 she won't take it. Asked by my other sister why not, she replied that she doesn't trust vaccines.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2020, 01:07:15 AM
Wait, what?

My guess at the intended interpretation is, "Look how many people in NY died, and they shut down everything! Meanwhile, in Florida ...." Not sure about income tax, though. Nanny state with high tax still fails?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I don't think those percentages are correct.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2020, 01:53:01 AM
I don't think those percentages are correct.

They are probably based on the entire population of the state because that makes sense when talking about mortality rate of Corona Virus.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I also like how California is listed as having a 13.3% state income tax when you only pay that on income you make in excess of $1 Million dollars that you actually make in California. Really applicable to most people. In terms of state taxes, California is actually only 36th out of 50 in state taxes paid per person, but instead of actualy listing state taxes paid for person they choose a very misleading statistic instead, because California has very low taxes on the low income end.

But it is amazing what kind of lies you can tell with things that are not untrue. *sigh*
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I'll take bad analogies for 200, Alex!

—Stephen Jay Gould