News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

It would be ironic if we ended up having 40% of the country being mouth breathing, heavily armed defenders of the 14th Amendment.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

You learn something new every day.  I had always thought that women gained the constitutional right to vote with the 19th Amendment.  Apparently they had it all along through the 15th amendment.  Also the 15th Amendment allows toddlers and non-citizens to vote!  Including illegal immigrants.  I had no idea that Republicans were such radical supports of non-citizen voting rights.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2019, 01:56:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2019, 01:40:05 PM
Wait, the 14th amendment?  The American Right has been moving toward the idea the 14th amendment needs to be removed.  Hell, Trump has claimed he can get rid of it with an executive order.

Frankly I am always happy when they play the "19th century Democrats were evil" card by saying all those progressive things were good and the Confederacy was bad. We can at least agree on those things.

Somehow I don't think they are that keen on giving back all the territory that Democrats acquired in the 19th century.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Could somebody please explain all the endless benefits and advantages of being an undocumented immigrant? Because it seems like it would suck tremendously.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on August 13, 2019, 09:58:56 PM
Could somebody please explain all the endless benefits and advantages of being an undocumented immigrant? Because it seems like it would suck tremendously.

You are clearly not following the posts of Syt's sister: the more illegally you are in the US, the more benefits you receive from the US.

Admiral Yi

Approximately 11 million people seem to have thought it was preferable to the alternative.

Duque de Bragança

Less paperwork I guess.

The Minsky Moment

It's all relative. Compared to starvation or being murdered by Guatemalan drug gangs it has its advantages.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I am glad somebody is putting to rest this nonsense that the Democrats are for open borders. Thanks Liz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Before or after boasting that he now owned the highest building in Manhattan?