News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 23, 2019, 01:54:54 AM
Then I don't understand your objection .

My objection is this: the edited perception thesis does not apply to the second, longer video, the one that includes incest babies and, to a lesser extent, the Indian drum rush.

Syt

Should I be worried that my two oldest sisters are shifting away from posting Fox News articles and more towards Daily Caller and Daily Signal? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2019, 03:02:17 AM
Should I be worried that my two oldest sisters are shifting away from posting Fox News articles and more towards Daily Caller and Daily Signal? :unsure:

The time to become worried is long past.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 24, 2019, 08:10:30 AM

The time to become worried is long past.

This could become the stock comment for much of the political stuff we know post about on Languish.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Yes. Gateway drugs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Well the Daily Caller has a serious white nationalist problem.  It's unseemly for Germans to go that route.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Look how his steady diet of Breitbart nourishes Raz.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Fox News is too leftist for them now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 24, 2019, 10:12:40 AM

Why don't you explain clearly what you are trying to get at.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 24, 2019, 12:40:26 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 24, 2019, 10:12:40 AM

Why don't you explain clearly what you are trying to get at.

Yes, Syt should worry.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Story: https://kobi5.com/news/deadly-eugene-middle-school-shooting-caught-on-camera-94535/

QuoteEUGENE, Ore. (KGW) – Police in Eugene, Oregon have released officers' body camera video from a fatal shooting at a middle school earlier this month.

Charles Frederick Landeros, 30, was shot and killed by police after he pulled out a gun during a struggle following a custodial dispute at Cascade Middle School on January 11th.

The Lane County District Attorney ruled that the officers were justified in their use of deadly force.

According to the district attorney's office, Landeros enrolled his daughter at Cascade Middle School the week of the shooting without telling the girl's mother, who shares custody of their daughter and had exclusive control over where she attended school. On the day of the shooting, the girl's mother went to the school to find out if her daughter was enrolled there. School personnel contacted Landeros, who also went to the school.

The struggle that led to the shooting began when school resource officers asked Landeros to leave the building and he refused. By coincidence, his daughter arrived in the hallway and he yelled at her to "go" repeatedly, the district attorney's office said.

Landeros' daughter witnessed the struggle and shooting, according to the district attorney's office.

Cut and dry story.

The way my sister posts the story on Facebook, courtesy of "Stranger than fiction news":

QuoteSTRANGER THAN FICTION NEWS
Yesterday at 2:00 PM ·  ·
BREAKING: ANTIFA SHOT DEAD IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AFTER PULLING GUN ON COPS - BODYCAM FOOTAGE CAPTURES THE ENTIRE INCIDENT

The page seems ... trustworthy. https://www.facebook.com/STFNREPORT/ :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

derspiess

The Landeros guy was a left-wing activist. Not sure if Antifa or not but probably close enough. He apparently had a lot of spare ammo in his backpack so it could have been a lot uglier.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

What does left wing of right wing have to do with it?

It was a custody dispute.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".