Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Syt

Guess my sister didn't notice these are British troops ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

I should have recognized it.  Americans don't do Christmas crackers, do you?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on December 06, 2018, 07:27:41 PM

Nope.  Pretty sure no bull shoulder patch either.

But don't Brits say Happy Christmas?

derspiess

We do in my house.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2018, 08:05:29 PM

We do in my house.

It's times like this I miss Seedy.    :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2018, 05:46:50 PM

Guess my sister didn't notice these are British troops ...

Make America Great Britain Again

Anyway Happy Christmas and God Save the Queen to our boys in khaki.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2018, 07:57:05 PM

Nope.  Pretty sure no bull shoulder patch either.

But don't Brits say Happy Christmas?

I'm pretty sure whoever created this just did a Google image search for troops and Christmas.  :P

And yeah, the Christmas crackers were the giveaway. That and the Union Jack patches on the uniforms.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on December 07, 2018, 12:43:16 AM
I'm pretty sure whoever created this just did a Google image search for troops and Christmas.  :P

And yeah, the Christmas crackers were the giveaway. That and the Union Jack patches on the uniforms.

Yeah, but my point is why are Brits wearing hats that say *Merry* Christmas?

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2018, 03:08:39 AM

Yeah, but my point is why are Brits wearing hats that say *Merry* Christmas?

Because it is close to Christmas? 

You don't really expect People's Liberation Army Political Reeducation Hat Factory Number Three to crank out a separate "Happy Christmas" line just for the Brits, do you?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2018, 11:42:25 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 06, 2018, 11:29:33 AMI thought the punchline was going to be that some adults believe in a God that gives them things

Nope.

Nietzsche was right!!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson