Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2017, 12:10:45 PM
Quote from: Camerus on April 01, 2017, 12:07:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2017, 07:44:11 AM
I say fuck him. Makes it seem like women are just brimming with sinful desires that would overpower him if he were alone with them.

I don't see it that way.  I see it more from the following 2 perspectives:

1. An admission that he is a fallible man attracted to women, some of whom may also be attracted to him, perhaps by virtue of his status and power. Better just to avoid temptation in the first place. Not a policy for everyone, of course, but as a policy for him personally, it's fine (if quaint).

2. An ass-covering policy designed to avoid any allegations of sexual impropriety, which could be devastating for a religious conservative politician.

How do you see other perspectives like when he passed the most draconian anti-women's health agenda in the country when he was Governor of Indiana?

Yeah, if you took his stance on being alone with woman in isolation, it is quaint but probably pretty harmless, as long as he was careful to not let it be a disadvantage for women business wise (ie, don't have meals alone where you discuss anything with men either).

In the context of his overall views on women, gender issues, and health care for women - it is part and parcel with a incredibly dated and misogynistic world view.

But, on the other hand, he is proud to be the VP and defender of a man who thinks he should grab women's pussies when he is alone with them. So there you go.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Camerus on April 01, 2017, 12:19:49 PM
By not necessarily equating pro-life policies with misogyny.   ;)

Shame they are necessarily equated, though.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on April 01, 2017, 12:21:32 PM
Yeah, if you took his stance on being alone with woman in isolation, it is quaint but probably pretty harmless, as long as he was careful to not let it be a disadvantage for women business wise (ie, don't have meals alone where you discuss anything with men either).

In the context of his overall views on women, gender issues, and health care for women - it is part and parcel with a incredibly dated and misogynistic world view.

But, on the other hand, he is proud to be the VP and defender of a man who thinks he should grab women's pussies when he is alone with them. So there you go.

But headscarves, Jeff.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2017, 10:01:18 AM
Women are nothing more than filthy cunty useless cumdumpsters that do nothing but make them look at their tits and toe cleavage, and therefore do not have the right to sit alone with the Governor of Indiana/Vice President of the United States to discuss policy.  You do, though.

:lol:  Never change Seedy.  Your RAGE!!! keeps this place hoppin'.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Camerus on April 01, 2017, 12:07:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2017, 07:44:11 AM
I say fuck him. Makes it seem like women are just brimming with sinful desires that would overpower him if he were alone with them.

I don't see it that way.  I see it more from the following 2 perspectives:

1. An admission that he is a fallible man attracted to women, some of whom may also be attracted to him, perhaps by virtue of his status and power. Better just to avoid temptation in the first place. Not a policy for everyone, of course, but as a policy for him personally, it's fine (if quaint).

2. An ass-covering policy designed to avoid any allegations of sexual impropriety, which could be devastating for a religious conservative politician.

You leave out the (likelier, IMO) alternative:  (3) his wife told him that, if she ever heard of him being alone with another woman, she'd cut his balls off while he slept.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

How do you see other perspectives like when he passed the most draconian anti-women's health agenda in the country when he was Governor of Indiana?

That's the kind of thing you should be RAGE!!!! about.  Pence's dinner or drinking policies are petty shit compared to his politics and policies.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on April 01, 2017, 12:21:32 PM

See, it creates a balanced ticket:  one misogynist who is afraid that he might act like an asshole if left alone with women balanced by another misogynist who is proud that he acts like an asshole if left alone with women.  Yin and Yang and stuff.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2017, 12:48:58 PM

That's the kind of thing you should be RAGE!!!! about.  Pence's dinner or drinking policies are petty shit compared to his politics and policies.

However it is, as Brahms would say, variations on a theme.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Yes, I would think you would get by now that we don't stand for sexism.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 01, 2017, 03:56:29 PM
You guys are so predictable.

Yeah it is probably no surprise somebody with Pence's mindset doesn't sit well with me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Women are devices built by our lord Jesus Christ for our entertainment.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr