News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

And plenty have actually escaped to the freedom of Canada when their government attempted to conscript them.

Barrister

I dunno - when the US was under actual attack on 9/11, it sure seemed like the world gave all kinds of help.  Just as one example when all those airplanes landed in places like Newfoundland or Whitehorse people turned out in droves to house the passengers until they could fly home.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2023, 04:51:41 PMI dunno - when the US was under actual attack on 9/11, it sure seemed like the world gave all kinds of help.  Just as one example when all those airplanes landed in places like Newfoundland or Whitehorse people turned out in droves to house the passengers until they could fly home.
Yes.

When there's forest fires, all provinces that aren't with the same problem send aircrafts to help fight the fires.  When they have massive storms/hurricane that cut the power, Hydro-Quebec sends people to help repair the lines.  I'm pretty sure other provinces do the same.  And I remember Americans sending help in 1998 during the server ice storms too.

The only thing we don't do is help them plan a coup d'état in their own country. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Syt on January 16, 2023, 03:15:55 PMAdmittedly, this made me chuckle.

As someone rapidly approaching 40, I appreciate this.  :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on January 17, 2023, 10:05:05 PMPost image

I have no idea what is going on here but that woman looks a little calmer than I would expect somebody being hauled away by vikings.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

It's Greta Thuneburg being hauled away from a German open pit mine protest.

Tonitrus

As a Swede, shouldn't she be the Viking?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Valmy on January 19, 2023, 12:52:54 AM
Quote from: viper37 on January 17, 2023, 10:05:05 PMPost image

I have no idea what is going on here but that woman looks a little calmer than I would expect somebody being hauled away by vikings.

Look, I'm not gonna yuck anybody's yum, if you know what I mean.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

The Business Chamber of Vienna's branch for car related businesses has the facebook account "Mobil in Wien" with over 2000 followers where they share "funny memes." One of the "best" is the below, especially in times of rapidly increasing rents and property prices.

"My motto:
Engine capacity
instead of housing capacity."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 19, 2023, 01:04:02 AMAs a Swede, shouldn't she be the Viking?

There was probably a joke attempt around that picture.

The Brain

"Oh noes! I was captured by hunky Vikings!" is a common genre in romance/erotica.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.