News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

QuoteWith highs of 35° expected AGAIN today, it's time to ask "could the government have done more?" Downing Street knew about this heatwave weeks ago and have done nothing. Shipments of 400,000 pairs of Speedos and 500,000 bikinis, sun cream and Cornettos have reportedly been sent back as unsafe after media claims the shipment was quarantined a month ago and Boris did nothing.
Karen from Chavington said, "We just don't know if it's safe to go outside and sunbathe because we can't function or think for ourselves. Boris hasn't told us either way and all my obese kids need ice cream and sweets, the Hubby can't get out to rob anyone so we're out of lager and weed, I blame the government entirely"
Meanwhile, anti- heat protesters dressed in thick jumpers chanting "cold lives matter" have marched on London, Big Ben has been removed and a giant Mint Feast put in its place by protesters.
The BBC reported earlier, 'clearly the sun has come out and Downing street have done nothing to prevent it.'
A second heat Wave is expected to hit the UK in 4 weeks time

I see what they're doing there.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Now, see, that one is clever.  I guess the million monkeys achieved serendipity.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

The FBI was pretty key in Trump's victory over Hillary in 2016 and this investigation into Trump is still years away from 2024. It seems to me the FBI has been a bit more considerate to Trump's political ambitions than the Clintons. But I guess that is gratitude for you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

The persecution complex goes deep here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Cartoon is unusual though in that it is actually funny.

Josquius

Why does Snoopy have all those illegal documents?
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 13, 2022, 04:10:29 PMCartoon is unusual though in that it is actually funny.

???  It's as subtle as a baseball bat to the skull.  The FBI thing was funny because you didn't expect it.  The Charley Brown one didn't amuse me at all because it was exactly what I would expect.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: grumbler on August 13, 2022, 06:52:36 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 13, 2022, 04:10:29 PMCartoon is unusual though in that it is actually funny.

???  It's as subtle as a baseball bat to the skull.  The FBI thing was funny because you didn't expect it.  The Charley Brown one didn't amuse me at all because it was exactly what I would expect.

The bar is set low for this sort of thing.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 14, 2022, 02:24:35 AM
Quote from: grumbler on August 13, 2022, 06:52:36 PM

The bar is set low for this sort of thing.

Outrage addicts at this point don't need much to rub one out.
PDH!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.