News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Doubtful of Twitter either. Epstein(who didn't kill himself :tinfoil:) was a much bigger story.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: grumbler on November 16, 2021, 09:39:22 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 16, 2021, 09:06:52 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2021, 05:27:55 PM

I'm going to politely ignore the "literary invention" part of your response.

Don't think of it as anti Gospel, think of it as pro-Mark

In the Jesus Comics Universe, all the Gospels could be true at the same time, just in different dimensions.

No need to make it that complicated. Anyone complaining can simply be accused of insufficient suspension of disbelief.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2021, 05:27:55 PM
I'm going to politely ignore the "literary invention" part of your response.

You are pretty much forced to do that if you want to believe that the Gospels are historically accurate.

The Minsky Moment

To wit, that a real historical person from the Galilee must for ex post apologetic purposes be given a birthplace associated with the Davidic dynasty, resulting in what was even back then hackneyed and obviously contrived narratives to shoehorn a Bethlehemite birth onto a Nazarene.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on November 17, 2021, 05:27:09 PM
... Huh?
There's a vast left wing conspiracy to censor truth sayers.  See their latest victim, a poor, innocent House Representive only exercising his freedom of speech, and now, this, a trial that hasn't begun yet ain't even shown on television!  Q is here, hello!?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Yes, because their *salaries* are the main contribution to making them millionaires.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

Opening arguments in the Maxwell trial begin Nov 29.

I too am outraged that the media has not used their time machines to illegally broadcast this future federal court criminal proceeding where cameras in the courtroom are barred by law.

QuoteExcept as otherwise provided by a statute or these rules, the court must not permit the taking of photographs in the courtroom during judicial proceedings or the broadcasting of judicial proceedings from the courtroom.
Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 53
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Man those gay and black people sure are oppressive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2021, 01:06:12 AM
Yes, because their *salaries* are the main contribution to making them millionaires.

I was about to say...the only impact that would have is make them even more corrupt.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould