NFL Playoffs?, Playoffs?!?!(that's not a catch, that's a catch)

Started by Liep, November 20, 2015, 07:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 07, 2015, 05:59:52 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2015, 07:53:00 PM
:lol:

Anyway, Patriots lose :punk:

Odd game. Pats scored 28 despite the receiving corp being Amendolla and a cast of nobodies and only allowed the Eagles to score 14. Terrible special teams play allowed two TDs and they returned an interception 99 yards for a score. <__<

Brady played well given what he had to deal with. Threw three TDs and ran in another. Did throw two picks.

One of the picks was a pick 6 returned 100 yards.  Ouch.  Agree that the Patriots probably did as best as they could with the injuries they had.  But everyone is giving them a pass because of the injuries.  No other team in the league gets people to accept that excuse.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

In the NFL it is entirely about wins and losses, nothing else matters at all, so how could the Pats be given a pass? Excuses do not allow you to flip losses into wins.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on December 06, 2015, 11:20:53 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 06, 2015, 04:49:47 PM
Nice game in New York. A bitter loss for the Giants I'm sure, but hey, 6-10 might be enough to win the division.

I don't think so. The Redskins are going to reach win 6 tomorrow night -_-

They're leading in first downs by 1 after first quarter. With a total of 1.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on December 07, 2015, 09:10:51 PM
They're leading in first downs by 1 after first quarter. With a total of 1.

A great pitchers' duel!

Valmy

LOL at that game. The Redskins worked their asses off to lose that one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

I realize the challenge of getting a first down and not a touchdown, but McFadden really jacked up by scoring a TD. If he gets a first down and goes down, the Cowboys win probability is probably well over 95% assuming they just take a knee and then kick a field goal with almost no time left and Washington out of timeouts.

Compounded with the foolish running of out bounds on the previous play, McFadden may have been the first running back to score on two carries from the 15 in a tie game, and have both runs hurt his teams chance to win.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on December 08, 2015, 12:26:12 AM
I realize the challenge of getting a first down and not a touchdown, but McFadden really jacked up by scoring a TD. If he gets a first down and goes down, the Cowboys win probability is probably well over 95% assuming they just take a knee and then kick a field goal with almost no time left and Washington out of timeouts.

Compounded with the foolish running of out bounds on the previous play, McFadden may have been the first running back to score on two carries from the 15 in a tie game, and have both runs hurt his teams chance to win.

I know. But the Redskins then scored too fast as well...and then played shitty on the kick off. Just bad bad shitty football from all involved.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2015, 01:10:51 AM

I know. But the Redskins then scored too fast as well...and then played shitty on the kick off. Just bad bad shitty football from all involved.

Can't fault the redskins for their touchdown. They needed a touchdown to tie, and considering that they hadn't scored one all game, you take the touchdown when you can get it.

When they were kicking off, and the camera showed Cassel, I thought to myself, "if you tell me right now this game is going to end in regulation, I might put my money on the redskins", counting a Cassel turnover being more likely than a game winning drive with little time left. Of course that changed when the redskins failed to cover the kick.

What a collection of special teams plays in the last two minutes. The bizarre punt return / fumble for the redskins, followed by the cowboys giving up a big return and a facemask penalty away from the ball, followed by the big cowboy return. Plus, we came tantalizingly close to the redskins missing that PAT, which would decisively put the redskins in Cleveland Browns territory.

What a shitty division. I'm sure lots of fans leaving the stadium were asking, "why do we come to these games again?"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on December 08, 2015, 01:54:24 AM
What a shitty division. I'm sure lots of fans leaving the stadium were asking, "why do we come to these games again?"

I have been wondering that about the Skins fans for years.

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2015, 08:30:52 AM

They're not the worst, the AFC South has the same amount of wins but 33 less points for and 45 more points against.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on December 08, 2015, 08:35:48 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2015, 08:30:52 AM

They're not the worst, the AFC South has the same amount of wins but 33 less points for and 45 more points against.

Yeah but the AFC south fans has not had to endure this for over 20 years like the Skins fans have :P

Liep

Final standings, next round is quarter finals.

Division 1
*2   Dirty Danes   9-4-0   8-3-0   1300.50   1085.95
*6   Alci   8-5-0   8-3-0   1094.26   1046.96
*7   Frozen Wetbacks   7-6-0   7-4-0   1147.91   1111.63
*8   Fricken Lasers   6-7-0   6-5-0   1067.21   1103.65
9     PistolShapedPastries   6-7-0   5-6-0   1034.38   1097.47
11   Language Barrier   4-9-0   4-8-0   1120.22   1374.47
14   Penn State Day Care   2-11-0   1-10-0   875.72

Division 2
*1   NOLO Contenders   11-2-0   9-2-0   1285.43   1047.73
*3   Fabretown Punks   9-4-0   7-4-0   1177.03   1048.91
*4   Meatheads   8-5-0   7-4-0   1220.80   1074.72
*5   Puerto Rican Ninjas   8-5-0   6-5-0   1136.65   986.12
10   Chcks Dg Yng Nxn   6-7-0   4-7-0   1022.56   1123.45
12   Fighting Nixons   4-9-0   3-8-0   971.08   1123.93
13   Cincy Jailbirdz   3-10-0   3-9-0   1046.31   1115.51

frunk

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Yay, I set a new points against record of 105.73.  Breaking the old record set by me.  Last season.  I look forward to breaking it again next season. <_<

sbr