And we're back!

Main Menu

The Paris Attack Debate Thread

Started by Admiral Yi, November 13, 2015, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: LaCroix on November 14, 2015, 11:32:18 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on November 14, 2015, 10:45:40 AM
Without an end to Muslim immigration into France and Europe, Hollande's "pitiless war" isn't a serious proposition. Hell, Mutti Merkel wants to halt Germany's death-spiral demographics by fast-track Islamization. 

Oh, and 16% of French citizens support ISIS.

http://www.newsweek.com/16-french-citizens-support-isis-poll-finds-266795

this is like watching the NRA in the aftermath of a school shooting (edit - not just you, legbiter, just the really weak arguments in general blaming all this on islam). you know that article is from over a year ago, right

It's a Roscharch test to reveal what people actually believe. Serves us well to remember who we are debating with over here.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Larch on November 14, 2015, 12:06:39 PM
Without an end to Muslim immigration into France and Europe, Hollande's "pitiless war" isn't a serious proposition. Hell, Mutti Merkel wants to halt Germany's death-spiral demographics by fast-track Islamization. 

this is like watching the NRA in the aftermath of a school shooting (edit - not just you, legbiter, just the really weak arguments in general blaming all this on islam). you know that article is from over a year ago, right

It's a Roscharch test to reveal what people actually believe. Serves us well to remember who we are debating with over here.

:yes:

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 14, 2015, 12:25:54 PM

indeed

Legbiter

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 14, 2015, 02:34:51 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 14, 2015, 12:25:54 PM

indeed

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Zanza on November 14, 2015, 10:52:43 AM
You are aware that the refugees flee from the people that committed these acts?  :huh:

*Sigh*

Zanza, your child-like mind seems to be totally unable to comprehend, lest alone properly react, to what the muslim migration really means to Europe. You just believe without questioning any garbage spouted at you, accepting it as the truth.

Here, the Greek Public Order minister, Yannis Koutsomitis, confirms in his twitter that one of the attackers, found with a Syrian passport, had been registered as a refugee when he landed in the Greek Island of Leros:

https://twitter.com/YanniKouts/status/665555110467084289

While you read that with your wide-eyed childish eyes, I will also add that we're still waiting for the "deportations" from Germany that you said were would be starting several weeks ago.

Guess we'll just have to sit and wait for decades, because the German authorities have neither the will nor the power to enforce any judicial decision on the migrants, no matter how much they are ruled by the proper instances that they are no refugees. Yet, like any child, you deeply believe that "the grown-ups" (or, in your case, the authorities) will do something wise and that all of this will somehow magically go away and you will be back to living a nice life.

Poor deluded fool... I really pity you.  :cry:

Zanza

:lol:

But yes, I do trust that our authorities will eventually act and probably right. If I came from a dysfunctional state like Portugal I would probably feel like you.

Josquius

"You believe any garbage presented to you"-> proceeds to rattle off any garbage presented to him.
██████
██████
██████

Martim Silva

Quote from: Zanza on November 14, 2015, 02:57:06 PM

But yes, I do trust that our authorities will eventually act and probably right. If I came from a dysfunctional state like Portugal I would probably feel like you.

Yes you do. Because you have the mind of a child.

And you will keep be surprised when these things happen again. And AGAIN. And AGAIN.

Until it happens to YOU, or to someone you hold dear.

Hey, don't worry. Your authorities will probably do something. Maybe this time world leaders will stage a march over a LONGER avenue with even STERNER faces.

That will show those terrorists who means business.

Yes, Portugal has bad governments. It also has a more backward population, which has not been emasculated like yours has. Which is why, unlike Spain, terrorism does not happen here - if any such attack were to happen, the Muslim community in Portugal would physically cease to exist within the week. And they know it very well, so they behave.

Quote from: Tyr
"You believe any garbage presented to you"-> proceeds to rattle off any garbage presented to him.

Proceeds to put on the statement from the Greek minister and pointed out the lack of (promised) action by the German authorities. Both of which are facts.

Tyr sees it as "any garbage". :rolleyes:

No point speaking with idiots - proven long ago to be able to dismiss actual facts, let alone be able to have a discussion on any issue.

Zanza

Humblebrag about your backwardedness? :lol:

By the way,  I won't be surprised when this happens again. I guess that is inevitable in our liberal societies.

But I don't think that genocide - i.e. what you expect and I guess welcome as a supposed reaction in Portugal - is a solution to this situation. I guess my childlike mind is just too soft.

Duque de Bragança

Gotta love those "anti-racist" Gutmenschen.

Martinus

I think the "rational liberal" response should be to:

1. Help the refugees, within reason.
2. Acknowledge that whilst most muslims are not terrorists, islam does breed more terrorism than any other contemporary religion or ideology.
3. Dedicate resources to policing and investigating muslim communities (despite cries of racial profiling).
4. Crack down heavily on any illiberal crimes and behaviour - both from islamophobic thugs (mandatory prison sentences for attacks on immigrants) and from fundamentalist muslims (mandatory deportations for stuff like domestic violence or "sharia patrols" etc.).
5. Crack down on foreign funding coming from nondemocratic muslim countries, such as Saudi Arabia.

Zanza

Feel free to be a Schlechtmensch instead, duque...

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 14, 2015, 09:27:49 AM
Oh great, another generalization excusing all the violent parts of the Bible and all the violence of Christianity so that Muslims can be targeted for their religion. 

Yi wants to target people for their religion? Further I don't think he was excusing anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Yeah, I don't think the argument "Bible says this vs. Quran says this" really gets us anywhere. The fact it Islam is overrepresented these days as a hotbed for violent extremism. That does not mean it should be banned - but it means that looking closer at its adherents is not racial profiling but simply sensible allocation of limited resources available to national security. Just as having a higher premium for motor insurance for younger people is not discrimination.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on November 14, 2015, 04:26:37 PM
Feel free to be a Schlechtmensch instead, duque...

Being lectured by a self-loathing, self-proclaimed anti-racist known for derogatory comments against Portuguese people after reading non-PC comments by a couple of Portuguese: priceless!