Main Menu

1404 AD is out

Started by Syt, June 26, 2009, 10:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on July 03, 2009, 02:49:21 AM
A classic movie. Icon of pop culture.

Answer the damn question or stay out of the thread.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Is it any different than the others ?  Pretty graphics but boring.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Darth Wagtaros

Explain further.
PDH!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on July 03, 2009, 06:58:25 AM

G.

It's not worth the DRM headache & 50$ if you own any of the previous iteration, especially 1701.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 03, 2009, 05:51:48 PM
Explain further.
Yellow Submarine, one of The Beatles flicks.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 03, 2009, 05:51:48 PM
Explain further.

The quotes in sig and custom titles provide hints.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

KRonn

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 03, 2009, 06:09:46 PM
Quote from: Grallon on July 03, 2009, 06:58:25 AM

G.

It's not worth the DRM headache & 50$ if you own any of the previous iteration, especially 1701.
How onerous is the DRM? I really haven't found much info or decent forums, in English anyway. I bought the game, haven't gotten around to installing it, but started playing 1503 again.

Maladict

Quote from: KRonn on July 06, 2009, 02:02:24 PM
How onerous is the DRM? I really haven't found much info or decent forums, in English anyway. I bought the game, haven't gotten around to installing it, but started playing 1503 again.

3 installs only, if you need more you have to call them.
That's pretty onerous in my book, using two computers and the occasional formatting/upgrades it won't last much more than a year. No deal.

KRonn

Quote from: Maladict on July 07, 2009, 02:01:57 AM
Quote from: KRonn on July 06, 2009, 02:02:24 PM

That's pretty onerous in my book, using two computers and the occasional formatting/upgrades it won't last much more than a year. No deal.
Yeah, that 3 installs could get tricky. I can understand a game maker trying to cut down on piracy of their products, but that scheme is just a bit problematic. Maybe it'll work ok, call the company, don't know. I did buy 1404, so I'll install and play it.  And they may come out with a patch to remove that, maybe after they figure most of the initial games are sold or something.

I play 1503, an older game, on what must be my third computer and install of the game over the past five years or so. So it's kind of easy to go through 3 installs just in normal/legal use.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maladict on July 07, 2009, 02:01:57 AM

That tips the balance for me then.  No purchase from me.