News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

1404 AD is out

Started by Syt, June 26, 2009, 10:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

... at least here in Austria and on Gamersgate.

Gamersgate price: 49.99 €
Shelf price at the electronics/media store: 34.99 €
:huh:

Anyways, I may be getting this next month or so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

That ain't exactly cheap.

It's also out in the US apparently (Since Tuesday actually).

It's on Steam for 50$
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Seen

Ill wait till the price drops, but definitly getting it at some point.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on June 26, 2009, 04:22:41 PM
...What is this?

It's the follow up of the 1701, 1503 & 1602 series. In America it's known as Dawn of Discovery.

They are City builders game, emphasis on building. There's some combat but it can be turned off & lets you concentrate on designing & running a Colony.

Gamersgate got the previous 2 installements (1701 & 1503) for 20$ If you just want to try it out.

Sophie Scholl

Ah, gotcha.  Thanks for the info.  I think I had 1602 once upon a time.  Was ok, nothing special.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ancient Demon

Sadly, there's no multiplayer.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

crazy canuck

Lucidor

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2009, 11:56:06 AM
Is there a demo out?
I'm giving it a whirl. Are the predecessors any good?

Grey Fox

garbon

And by awesome our emo friend means alright (not nous).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

No, I think I meant Awesome.

Ancient Demon

I've played the demo. It seems like a decent game, but I don't see how it's much of an improvement over 1701.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2009, 12:40:25 PM
And by awesome our emo friend means alright (not nous).

No, our gay friend is just being presumptuous.   :smarty:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain