News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 10 - Rex Ryan Bowl 2015

Started by Liep, November 12, 2015, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on November 12, 2015, 10:19:00 PM
The best thing about the Jets tonight is Fitzpatrick's beard.

The best thing about the Jets is that Rex Ryan is no longer their coach.  He's doing a number on his former team, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Anyway while I'm here and this is a football thread, my son's 7 year old football team went 8-0 in their regular season, outscoring their opponents a combined 185-0 (one game was forfeited by the other team, resulting in an official 1-0 win).  Based upon their playoff seeding they received a bye in the playoffs and won a 22-0 (much tougher game than the score indicated) victory in their second round playoff game.  So this Saturday they play their "Super Bowl", which they're favored to win but I'm taking nothing for granted.

Tommy has progressed as a young football player.  He impressed his coaches with key blocks, tackles, fumble recoveries in games and earned a starting position as offensive guard.  I counted 10 pancakes for him this year before I lost count.  Hopefully next year he'll start on defense as well. 

The team as a whole is a great group of kids and I look forward to them (hopefully) playing together for the next 4 years and hopefully in some form into middle school and maybe even high school.  The coaches have asked me to help coach next year so I'll get to be more involved.

Back to NFL, I didn't get on TV last Thursday but look for me Monday Night behind the Bengals bench (specifically behind the defensive backs).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Btw Yi, the tirsdag game is still Monday your time.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

derspiess

I've missed a lot of the NFL threads the past few weeks.  Is Ed still complaining about Andy Dalton?

Liep

Quote from: derspiess on November 13, 2015, 12:13:17 AM
I've missed a lot of the NFL threads the past few weeks.  Is Ed still complaining about Andy Dalton?

I've read nothing negative about Dalton.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on November 13, 2015, 02:21:27 PM
Lewis Black with a public service announcement: https://www.facebook.com/thelewisblack/videos/10156199527260223/

It's almost like Seedy's back. :wub:

:lol:

He's so right. "...and the ones I choose not to play have the best fucking week of their lives!". :yes: :ultra:

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on November 12, 2015, 10:34:08 PM
Anyway while I'm here and this is a football thread, my son's 7 year old football team went 8-0 in their regular season, outscoring their opponents a combined 185-0 (one game was forfeited by the other team, resulting in an official 1-0 win).  Based upon their playoff seeding they received a bye in the playoffs and won a 22-0 (much tougher game than the score indicated) victory in their second round playoff game.  So this Saturday they play their "Super Bowl", which they're favored to win but I'm taking nothing for granted.

Tommy has progressed as a young football player.  He impressed his coaches with key blocks, tackles, fumble recoveries in games and earned a starting position as offensive guard.  I counted 10 pancakes for him this year before I lost count.  Hopefully next year he'll start on defense as well. 

The team as a whole is a great group of kids and I look forward to them (hopefully) playing together for the next 4 years and hopefully in some form into middle school and maybe even high school.  The coaches have asked me to help coach next year so I'll get to be more involved.

Back to NFL, I didn't get on TV last Thursday but look for me Monday Night behind the Bengals bench (specifically behind the defensive backs).

Fun stuff, good for your son for getting to the super bowl! Good luck in the game.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 13, 2015, 02:21:27 PM
Lewis Black with a public service announcement: https://www.facebook.com/thelewisblack/videos/10156199527260223/

It's almost like Seedy's back. :wub:

Awww he is also a fan of the Washington football team who drafted Tony Romo. Fuck the Cowboys.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on November 13, 2015, 02:47:29 PM
Fun stuff, good for your son for getting to the super bowl! Good luck in the game.

Thanks!  They won today, though unfortunately it was not a shutout. Other team put 6 points up on them to start the game-- coaches were livid.  Tommy's team came back and scored on their next 4 possessions, shutting out the other team the rest of the game.  I guess a combined season score of 237-6 isn't the end of the world.

Savonarola

Holy Cow, the Lions beat the Packers at Lambeau Field. :o

The end of times are upon us.  I expect to see dogs and cats living together tomorrow. :o
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

OK, maybe the Peyton is done after all.  :(

Tonitrus

Giants should be killing that clock more.