Who will be the Republican Nominee for president?

Started by jimmy olsen, November 11, 2015, 08:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be the GOP nominee?

Trump
6 (16.7%)
Carson
3 (8.3%)
Rubio
18 (50%)
Cruz
2 (5.6%)
Bush
4 (11.1%)
Paul
0 (0%)
Kaisch
2 (5.6%)
Fiorina
0 (0%)
Huckabee
1 (2.8%)
Christie
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 12, 2015, 03:04:56 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 12, 2015, 10:44:08 AM
I don't subscribe to the golden mean fallacy.  There are times when the truth is lopsided, and hedging is playing into the hands of those that don't have truth on their side and being unfair to those that at least try.  Tuesday's debate, just like other debates, have been filled with brazen lies, and policy recommendations based on brazen lies.

You said they were all insane.
Okay, I concede that some of them could be feigning it to get primary votes.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Berkut on November 12, 2015, 01:13:34 PM

It seems to go back and forth - one party gets to be the Party of The Crazy, and the other party gets to seem kind of sane by comparison.

I think they both get that simultaneously.

I literally had to vote against Sheila Jackson-Lee once. It didn't work.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I think it's a testament to how easily people can be manipulated by negative advertising that they always tell themselves they are voting for the, "least bad".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 11, 2015, 10:24:14 AM
You know, there really should be an "Other" option due to the possibility of a brokered convention.

Maybe I should have  :hmm:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/time-for-gop-panic-establishment-worried-carson-and-trump-might-win/2015/11/12/38ea88a6-895b-11e5-be8b-1ae2e4f50f76_story.html

Quote from: Time for GOP panic? Establishment worried Carson or Trump might win...

According to other Republicans, some in the party establishment are so desperate to change the dynamic that they are talking anew about drafting Romney — despite his insistence that he will not run again. Friends have mapped out a strategy for a late entry to pick up delegates and vie for the nomination in a convention fight, according to the Republicans, who were briefed on the talks, though Romney has shown no indication of reviving his interest.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point