Remember the Texas Clock Kid? Well, he is meeting islamist war criminals now

Started by Martinus, November 07, 2015, 06:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Yeah, it looks pretty bad in this particular case, but we live in a free society.  In a free society, you can't have blatant racial profiling.  It needs to be subtle and disguised.

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2015, 06:19:18 PM
Yeah, it looks pretty bad in this particular case, but we live in a free society.  In a free society, you can't have blatant racial profiling.  It needs to be subtle and disguised.

It wouldn't be racial profiling, but religious profiling.  :secret:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 07, 2015, 06:38:27 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2015, 06:19:18 PM

It wouldn't be racial profiling, but religious profiling.  :secret:

They are inevitably one and the same.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Has this child aged 2 or 4 years in the last 2 months?

If not then he's still the legal charge of his father and so isn't responsible for whom his father take him to meet.

When he's 16 or 18 years old and meeting these sorts of people, then lets 'judge' him by the company he keeps.
And even then I think some allowances need to made for teenagers who make stupid or experimental early adulthood decisions.

This news snippet still doesn't justify original stupid actions of the school administrators and local police hierarchy.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

I don't remember the original news stories mentioning that his father had been a Presidential candidate.

Maybe Junior has decided he'd rather be a bigshot in Sudan than a Muslim nobody in America.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

I don't think a 14-year-old gets to decide the calendar of the president of Sudan.  You go to Sudan and the president wants to meet you, you meet him.

This whole fake "controversy" is fake.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2015, 07:04:45 PM
I don't remember the original news stories mentioning that his father had been a Presidential candidate.

Maybe Junior has decided he'd rather be a bigshot in Sudan than a Muslim nobody in America.  :hmm:

I guess my point is that the story looks more and more like it was engineered entirely to create the backlash it did. Especially given that the "clock" he "constructed" looked like a suitcase bomb.

Razgovory

Oh, those ethnic types!  Always conspiring to make bigots look bad, what their different colored skin and their foreign ways!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on November 08, 2015, 02:12:55 AM
I guess my point is that the story looks more and more like it was engineered entirely to create the backlash it did. Especially given that the "clock" he "constructed" looked like a suitcase bomb.

It's possible, though I don't remember anyone here saying the clock looked like a bomb before.

Not sure how you can be so cynical about one Muslim youth and yet so blase about a million.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on November 08, 2015, 02:12:55 AM

I guess you are just gullible, then.  Nothing in this story looks like it was "engineered entirely to create the backlash it did."  The "suitcase" you are talking about was less than 8" by 3" by 1."  That's a pretty fucking small "suitcase."  The "argument" that you "constructed" looks like a moronic one.

Bayraktar!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom