Dept of Education declares that school must allow boy to shower with girls

Started by Phillip V, November 02, 2015, 09:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2015, 01:23:40 PM
Gender dysphoria is. As far as I know, gender identity disorder no longer is.
ICD-10 still calls GID  http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2015/en#/F64.9  So we are clear that these people are in fact, mentally ill correct?  Now imagine a pill was invented and caused a person to become satisfied with their biological sex.  Would this be an acceptable solution?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

So ICD is behind? Cool.

And no, I would not say in general that these people are mentally ill.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2015, 01:30:24 PM
So ICD is behind? Cool.

And no, I would not say in general that these people are mentally ill.

Behind?  Okay, whatever.  Just so we are clear, you are out of step with current scientific and medical positions when you deny there is a mental illness.  You are under the impression that relevant bodies will "catch up", right?  What makes you believe this, garbon?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Man we go from Marty insisting that his views are facts to Raz saying science says it all is a mental illness. This does sound like a debate at a meeting of an American School Board after all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2015, 01:39:05 PM
Man we go from Marty insisting that his views are facts to Raz saying science says it all is a mental illness. This does sound like a debate at a meeting of an American School Board after all.

Naw. Nobody, so far, is "witnessing" about God.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

We had a big thread about disregarding science due to religion and how dangerous it is, certainly disregarding science due to political concerns is just as bad, right?  I think that since garbon and Marty are so emotionally and politically invested in this, they are ignoring what current medicine and science says about it.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on November 03, 2015, 01:42:43 PM

Well yeah the next person would have to stand up and say this proposal threatens religious freedom.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2015, 01:44:29 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 03, 2015, 01:42:43 PM

Well yeah the next person would have to stand up and say this proposal threatens religious freedom.

:D

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on November 03, 2015, 01:45:27 PM
Thread exec.sum. please.  :)

Did I miss anything?

Not really.  Yi assumes boys will pretend to be trans to obtain sexual gratification; some take the position that boys just need to be boys; others take the view that reasonable accommodation is the answer and the policies in Vancouver and Toronto were posted; Valmy was concerned about local autonomy in creating such policies - that was probably the best part of the discussion.  After that the discussion was diverted into whether outdated definitions of mental illness were still valid.

Razgovory

Martinus

Raz just wants the transgendered folk to be part of the same big family he is in.  :hug:

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2015, 02:01:51 PM
Raz just wants the transgendered folk to be part of the same big family he is in.  :hug:

We are already there. :contract:

Legbiter

Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2015, 01:44:03 PMI think that since garbon and Marty are so emotionally and politically invested in this, they are ignoring what current medicine and science says about it.

Indeed.

QuoteThe pro-transgender advocates do not want to know, said McHugh, that studies show between 70% and 80% of children who express transgender feelings "spontaneously lose those feelings" over time. Also, for those who had sexual reassignment surgery, most said they were "satisfied" with the operation "but their subsequent psycho-social adjustments were no better than those who didn't have the surgery."

"And so at Hopkins we stopped doing sex-reassignment surgery, since producing a 'satisfied' but still troubled patient seemed an inadequate reason for surgically amputating normal organs," said Dr. McHugh.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.