Dept of Education declares that school must allow boy to shower with girls

Started by Phillip V, November 02, 2015, 09:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Ok let me try.

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2015, 01:34:28 AM
I don't see anything remotely bigoted about the belief that guy guys will try to take advantage of this.

Will a bunch of "jokesters" go "hur hur I am gurl now, let me into gurl showers?" Possibly. But to be unable to clearly distinguish that from an actual transgendered student you got to be a fucking moron. So no, it doesn't need to be bigoted - you can simply be stupid instead.

QuoteNor is it moronic to think so.  After all, the only objective way to prevent it would be to create a test of female identification.  I presume the plaintiff in this case was not given one.

There is a "female identification" test - it's called a psychologist evaluation. But the point is moot, because if you actually bothered to read the article, rather than simply rely on a transphobic headline posted by your fellow Korean moron, you would learn that the school has never contested the student's transgenderism, and in fact has consistently acknowledged it, referring to the student as a "she" and allowing her to participate in girls' group sports - it's only the issue of showers that caused controversies. So yes, I find it highly unlikely that the student was not given a psychologist evaluation before that.

QuoteOf course a rather impartial test would be if the dude gets a woodie in the shower, but at that it's already mission accomplished.

Of course not, because transgendered people are not all asexual or even heterosexual, and only because they are transgendered it does not mean that their biological sexual organs do not work.

Frankly speaking, given that the issue of transgenderism has been in public eye for many years now, yet you spout so much ignorant bullshit, I must conclude that you must be either trolling, or incredibly stupid.

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 03, 2015, 01:51:18 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2015, 01:24:13 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2015, 01:21:57 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2015, 01:16:03 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 02, 2015, 09:37:28 PM
I could foresee a lot of high school boys start claiming to identify as girls. :hmm:

You know... I am not the most trans-friendly person around here,  But I don't foresee that in the least.

Got to agree with the Beeb

Though it's interesting to see whose mind immediately goes to deception as an acceptable means of getting sexual gratification - and whose doesn't.

Humor is lost on this place.   :rolleyes:

You're all becoming a bunch of stodgy old curmudgeons and thin-skinned internet warlords who take everything way too seriously.  :P

Well, I wasn't necessarily talking about you - but clearly not everyone in this thread was joking as you were.

Besides, humour is at its best when it is aimed at those in power. It is at its shittiest when it is aimed at the weakest.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
Will a bunch of "jokesters" go "hur hur I am gurl now, let me into gurl showers?" Possibly. But to be unable to clearly distinguish that from an actual transgendered student you got to be a fucking moron. So no, it doesn't need to be bigoted - you can simply be stupid instead.

You said the claim that guys will *try* was bigoted and moronic.  AFAIK no said they would succeed.

QuoteThere is a "female identification" test - it's called a psychologist evaluation. But the point is moot, because if you actually bothered to read the article, rather than simply rely on a transphobic headline posted by your fellow Korean moron, you would learn that the school has never contested the student's transgenderism, and in fact has consistently acknowledged it, referring to the student as a "she" and allowing her to participate in girls' group sports - it's only the issue of showers that caused controversies. So yes, I find it highly unlikely that the student was not given a psychologist evaluation before that.

This was my point.  The school "just knew" he was a transgender.  And with other guys they would "just know" they weren't.  So if some guy really wanted to press the issue he could force the school into the awkward position of testing them both.

It's analogous to the Colander Head Spaghetti worshiper.  Others don't get tested for the sincerity of their beliefs, so why should Colander Head?

QuoteOf course not, because transgendered people are not all asexual or even heterosexual, and only because they are transgendered it does not mean that their biological sexual organs do not work.

Frankly speaking, given that the issue of transgenderism has been in public eye for many years now, yet you spout so much ignorant bullshit, I must conclude that you must be either trolling, or incredibly stupid.

Man, it's almost like you're trying to hurt my feelings.

Eddie Teach

I admit, I can't tell the difference between a Puerto Rican and a Mexican, but it takes a Polack to mistake one for a Korean.  :wacko:

Nvm, assumed he meant Tim. Though Phil is Cambodian...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 02, 2015, 09:37:28 PM
I could foresee a lot of high school boys start claiming to identify as girls. :hmm:

Guys giving the sentiment "I wish I was a girl so I could see more *@$#" - yes
Guys actually going this far just to see naked girls?  Unlikely
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Isn't "pretend to be gay to get a chance of coping a feel with girls" sort of a high school trope already? Or maybe I'm seeing the wrong films.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Am I a member of the Republican party? Have a I voted for Republican candidates in general presidential elections? Have a I voted for local Republican politicians? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

QuoteThere is a "female identification" test - it's called a psychologist evaluation

:huh:

So people are NOT free to choose their gender - it is determined for them.

Tamas

Yeah pile on Yi, but he raises a valid point: if a biological male is allowed in the shower room of biological females if he identifies himself as a she, then either there must be an official evaluation test of non-biological gender, which is discriminating because at the end of the day it is another person deciding the gender of the person in question, OR people cannot be prevented from showering with whichever gender they wish, regardless of their own sexual orientation or true gender.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on November 03, 2015, 04:37:31 AM
QuoteThere is a "female identification" test - it's called a psychologist evaluation

Like sexual orientation, psychological gender is not a choice.

It's amazing how ignorant some of you guys are.  :huh:

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2015, 04:43:12 AM

What if the subject of the test declares the test result wrong? Will he/she be forced to adhere to the gender rules forced upon him/her by the psychologist?

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on November 03, 2015, 04:44:12 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2015, 04:43:12 AM

What if the subject of the test declares the test result wrong? Will he/she be forced to adhere to the gender rules forced upon him/her by the psychologist?

It's not a "test" - basically, the psychologist evaluates whether the person is potentially transgendered or if they are just full of shit. Such tests are being done in every aspect of our lives (not just by psychologists, but all kinds of professionals) - I see no reason why this is a particular issue here.