News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Nigger Poll

Started by Admiral Yi, June 06, 2009, 03:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is the word beyond the pale?

Yes, never use it, don't like it when others do.
23 (28.8%)
Sort of, can be used ironically once in a blue moon.
40 (50%)
No, more nigger all the time yeah!
17 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Grey Fox

Send me 10$, maybe that'll make you feel better.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 19, 2009, 07:06:29 AM
Send me 10$, maybe that'll make you feel better.
Nah, exchanging currency is too much effort.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Iormlund

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2009, 10:16:28 PM
... there are reports of deaf Tourette's patients signing 'fuck'.

I LOLed at that one. :blush:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2009, 03:43:00 AM
it's similar to certain queens using the word "faggot" or "fag" in the same way.

Yeah I don't like that at all.

Anyway I simply don't use ethnic or racial slurs nor do I like hearing others do so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Lucidor on June 19, 2009, 06:36:07 AM
While reading up on the Huns at Wikipedia, I came across something for all Slargoses out there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensive_terms_per_nationality

Doesn't seem very complete.  There isn't even a section for Arabs.

Lucidor

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 19, 2009, 08:47:07 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on June 19, 2009, 06:36:07 AM
While reading up on the Huns at Wikipedia, I came across something for all Slargoses out there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensive_terms_per_nationality
Doesn't seem very complete.  There isn't even a section for Arabs.
It's a wiki, you know what to do... :D Seriously, it's more interesting to know the etymiology of Jerry, than ten slurs for each nationality.

Alcibiades

Incidentally with the girls I know and the friends I have 'cunt' isn't that unacceptable (it's still for things past 'fuck') because we have different set of standards and connotations than someone who has never used it, never heard but knows it's there.  A word I find very offensive about women is 'gash', which I can't stand and I don't think I'd ever say.

What does gash exactly mean, connotate?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

C.C.R.

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 07, 2009, 10:16:28 PM
Actually it's biological.  We're hardwired to find certain words offensive - though that changes from culture to culture (though all cultures seem interested in different emphasises on excretion, copulation and the divine).

---

Lots of cool stuff in that post, Sheilbh -- thank you!  I started out in this thread looking to reply to Grumbler's assertion that anybody that uses the word "Nigger" is an asshat by saying that I only use that word (or "cunt," or a wide variety of other profanity) specifically to BE an asshat, generally as an un-thought out emotional response to something.  Now I know why.

And now that I learned something today I can go out to the garage & kill brain cells with beer.  Thank you again!

:)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Alcibiades on June 19, 2009, 09:50:25 AM
Incidentally with the girls I know and the friends I have 'cunt' isn't that unacceptable (it's still for things past 'fuck') because we have different set of standards and connotations than someone who has never used it, never heard but knows it's there.  A word I find very offensive about women is 'gash', which I can't stand and I don't think I'd ever say.

i hate doing this, but it's like 'cunt'.  A more violent word for women's genitalia :blush:

QuoteAnd now that I learned something today I can go out to the garage & kill brain cells with beer.  Thank you again!
I'm very glad I can help you just go and drink beer :)
Let's bomb Russia!

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Alcibiades on June 19, 2009, 09:50:25 AM

Think hatchet wound.  Which by the way, chicks aren't too fond of either.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.