900% return guaranteed... Jesus! How stupid can people be??

Started by viper37, October 30, 2015, 08:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2015, 11:15:53 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2015, 06:58:11 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2015, 04:09:18 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2015, 02:46:02 AM
I think we should make lying a criminal offence.

Won't that put lawyers first up on the chopping block? Well maybe after politicians.

Litigation lawyers? Definitely. I wouldnt mind, too.

Then no one will be left to clean up your messes.

Or pursue solicitors for negligence.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2015, 01:29:43 AM
Quote from: viper37 on October 31, 2015, 12:19:52 AM
There's no free launch on the market is something that should be taught to everyone from the youngest age :(

Instead, unfortunately, modern education has moved from teaching you that hard work and expertise pays off, to teaching how to "market yourself" and "build your own brand" - i.e. how to cheat others into preferring you over other, possibly more skilled and talented candidates. This is a sad word we live in.
I don't know where you got your modern education.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on November 02, 2015, 12:09:37 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 31, 2015, 01:29:43 AM
Quote from: viper37 on October 31, 2015, 12:19:52 AM
There's no free launch on the market is something that should be taught to everyone from the youngest age :(

Instead, unfortunately, modern education has moved from teaching you that hard work and expertise pays off, to teaching how to "market yourself" and "build your own brand" - i.e. how to cheat others into preferring you over other, possibly more skilled and talented candidates. This is a sad word we live in.
I don't know where you got your modern education.

I suspect that he wasn't paying much attention to his "modern education" because he was so focused on cheating others to get them to prefer him to more skilled and talented candidates (i.e. pretty much every other candidate for anything). His statement seems like post hoc rationalization.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

I wish education had taught me something useful like building my brand. Market research is not the brand I wanted. :cry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

When I was little, I was out there playing with other kids.  First-person shooters, RPGs, real-time strategy, all sorts of stuff.  These days, all kids care about is building their brand and marketing themselves.