News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game Ideas?

Started by Queequeg, June 25, 2009, 09:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Pishtaco on July 08, 2009, 07:26:27 AM
"Our bloody ships" - Dreadnoughts of the Royal Navy, 1906-1918.

A shoot-em-up, where in the shooting part you control a dreadnought (or a small squadron of them), with the rest of the fleet action dealt with in some abstract way. The ship's armour and systems are configurable, and in action you have to deal with damage-control as well as fighting.

There's a strategic layer where you can spend votes on new ships and improved equipment. There's a map of the world featuring a small number of oceans, naval bases, and rival powers. You can decide fleet dispositions and perhaps make some choices in events, with some effect on diplomacy and on the number of votes.

Each year is one turn. You do some strategic stuff and then an action mission. If at peace, this is an exercise; perhaps you can choose which combination of powers to fight, and earn some doctrines that can be used in later missions. If at war, it's the real thing and is generated by your dispositions, scouting abilities, etc.

The game should give some feeling of the naval race and the build-up of tensions going into the first world war. It should also be fun to design your battleships, blow bits off the AI's, and keep yours going under fire.
Neil and I vote for this one. :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Sadly every warship controlling game I've ever played sucked.
My faith that it can be done right is low.
██████
██████
██████

saskganesh

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 29, 2009, 04:28:48 PM

that would be a pretty good game tbh
All the backstabbing of diplomacy and all the comedy of Springtime for Hitler.

I remember Plot to Assassinate Hitler, weird game. In retrospect,  it may have worked better if it was card based.

humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

Quote from: saskganesh on July 17, 2009, 10:03:16 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 29, 2009, 04:28:48 PM

that would be a pretty good game tbh
All the backstabbing of diplomacy and all the comedy of Springtime for Hitler.

I remember Plot to Assassinate Hitler, weird game. In retrospect,  it may have worked better if it was card based.

I'll be Otto Remer.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive