And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on March 11, 2019, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2019, 01:56:02 PM
The most silly part was when they were returning with the daughter back to their camp, she was completely clean and had no mask, but she still walked along like she was one of the dead.
I Don't really know and I don't really care.  "Rules" seems to change every year or so.  It's still a good show, but I miss Rick and Neagan.  Mostly Neagan.  Best villain ever.

yeah Rick's missed. I think that's the other issue I'm having. One of the appeals was the characters on the show, and watching them survive against the odds. But now there's a lot of new people I'm not as invested in anymore. It's only Carol and Daryll from the original crew left, I believe.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on March 12, 2019, 07:01:22 AM
Yeah but that's bull shit and has never been the case before. You couldn't just walk among them and assume you were covered by their scent.
She is walking with her band surrounding her.  I assumed their scent covered her from the other walkers.

If you remember, earlier, they pretty much had to cover themselves head to toe in blood and guts, and even then it wasn't guaranteed.
I remember that.  As soon as there was some rain, they were fucked.

Remember the episode where Carl lost an eye, I think; the other kid who was so covered in blood and guts, but let out a small whimper and that was enough for the herd to turn on him.
I don't remember that part. I mean, I remember Carl losing an eye, but not much beyond that.

They're bending the rules of the universe too much.
tottally.  they're writing a post-apocalyptic show with zombies and not much else now.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

KRonn

Quote from: Josephus on March 12, 2019, 07:05:17 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 11, 2019, 03:19:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2019, 01:56:02 PM
The most silly part was when they were returning with the daughter back to their camp, she was completely clean and had no mask, but she still walked along like she was one of the dead.
I Don't really know and I don't really care.  "Rules" seems to change every year or so.  It's still a good show, but I miss Rick and Neagan.  Mostly Neagan.  Best villain ever.

yeah Rick's missed. I think that's the other issue I'm having. One of the appeals was the characters on the show, and watching them survive against the odds. But now there's a lot of new people I'm not as invested in anymore. It's only Carol and Daryll from the original crew left, I believe.

Rick is missed but I think the show was moving beyond his character, changing, not sure. His going was a shocker but his work as leader was changing so much. However one thing that gets me is that they kill off some excellent and well liked fan favorites, such as Jesus. He had a much shorter time than Rick and was just coming into his own. That came as a big surprise as he was one of the main leaders, especially after Rick was gone. That all said though, the show is and will remain a huge favorite with me.

The Minsky Moment

Zombie flicks have never been about zombies - it's always been social commentary of some kind.  That's Romero's legacy and Walking Dead is very much in the Romero tradition even if the premise is built a bit differently.  The problem with this whispering plot is not that it messes up the internal consistency of the lore, it's just not a very compelling plot line.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Also it's appears that the crossbow totin' mountain man guy - who IIRC is not in the comics - is filling the Rick role while the blacksmith kid is filling in for Carl.  Always smart for a TV show to build in extra characters like that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Solmyr

Quote from: KRonn on March 12, 2019, 07:17:40 PM
Rick is missed but I think the show was moving beyond his character, changing, not sure. His going was a shocker but his work as leader was changing so much. However one thing that gets me is that they kill off some excellent and well liked fan favorites, such as Jesus. He had a much shorter time than Rick and was just coming into his own. That came as a big surprise as he was one of the main leaders, especially after Rick was gone. That all said though, the show is and will remain a huge favorite with me.

Jesus's actor wanted to quit the show, so they killed him off.

Valmy

Was he sacrificed to redeem the show's sins?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Quote from: Solmyr on March 14, 2019, 11:50:59 AM

Same with Maggie.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on March 14, 2019, 12:00:25 PM

Same with Maggie.

Well, she was having a pay dispute with them.  Why did Jesus want to leave?

Solmyr

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 14, 2019, 12:02:13 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 14, 2019, 12:00:25 PM

Same with Maggie.

Well, she was having a pay dispute with them.  Why did Jesus want to leave?

He wasn't happy with his character being so underdeveloped and underused.

KRonn

I didn't realize Maggie had left, though I knew she had "gone on a journey" or something. Jesus seemed to be finally coming into his own, the character doing well, having room to expand. It's curious that he still felt underused.

Josephus

Quote from: KRonn on March 15, 2019, 09:25:49 AM
I didn't realize Maggie had left, though I knew she had "gone on a journey" or something. Jesus seemed to be finally coming into his own, the character doing well, having room to expand. It's curious that he still felt underused.

Yeah she had a contract dispute. I think the show runners were so pissed off they didn't even give her a noble death.

viper37

I thought she was supposed to come back for a few episodes?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on March 15, 2019, 10:39:37 AM
I thought she was supposed to come back for a few episodes?

No, last season she was in only a few episodes because of the pay dispute.  She has a different show now.

KRonn

Yeah, I saw that she's on another show "Whiskey Cavalier".