Cyberpunk 2077 Is "Far, Far Bigger Than The Witcher 3" Says Dev

Started by Syt, October 24, 2015, 05:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

A few weeks old, but still. Whoa. :blink:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-is-far-far-bigger-than-the-witcher-/1100-6431209/

QuoteCyberpunk 2077 Is "Far, Far Bigger Than The Witcher 3" Says Dev

Cyberpunk 2077 sounds like it will be massive.

Developer CD Projekt Red has described it's upcoming sci-fi role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077 as much larger than it's recently released fantasy RPG, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Speaking to MCV UK in an interview, visual effects artist Jose Teixeira said, "Cyberpunk is far bigger than anything else that CD Projekt Red has done before... far, far bigger."

Teixeira went on to explain how development on The Witcher 3 helped the team as it worked Cyberpunk 2077.

"The Witcher helped Cyberpunk quite a bit, because the game got so big and so complex that it really taught us," he said. "We really didn't know what was going to happen. If anything, working on The Witcher 3 was a really good and often brutal learning experience. Cyberpunk is going to benefit greatly from it. I can almost guarantee it."

Cyberpunk 2077 was first revealed in May 2012, although it did not have a name at the time. CD Projekt Red confirmed that the game would be based on Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk pen-and-paper RPG system. The Cyberpunk 2077 title was announced in October 2012. Details on the game have been scarce, although CD Projekt Red did say that it was not planning to discuss the game until 2017 at the earliest, choosing to focus on The Witcher 3 instead.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was released in May this year and was highly praised in GameSpot's review, where it scored a ten out of ten. Following the game's launch, CD Projekt Red has released several free DLC packs and has announced an expansion titled Hearts of Stone.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Polska! Polska! Polska!

I was talking recently to a London-based partner from my firm who asked what are Poland's chief exports. He was surprised we did not export a lot of natural resources - I told him it's mainly apples, dairy and computer games.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on October 24, 2015, 06:12:54 AM
Polska! Polska! Polska!

I was talking recently to a London-based partner from my firm who asked what are Poland's chief exports. He was surprised we did not export a lot of natural resources - I told him it's mainly apples, dairy and computer games.

Apples and dairy are both natural and resources.  :P
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Took a while, but this is actually being released now. Anybody going to play it?

celedhring

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

FWIW, PC Gamer's review is out.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-review/

They give it 78% (which, on their scale is good, but not great - for reference, they gave Witcher 3 92%).

"CD Projekt Red returns with an incredible setting undermined by an onslaught of bugs."

"Some nice characters and stories nested in an astounding open world, undercut by jarring bugs at every turn."

"We received a 50GB patch during our review period. CDPR referred to this patch as the Day 0 patch. When asked for clarification whether the patch will be what players were receiving at launch, a CDPR representative told us that the Day 0 patch is what people will be experiencing on launch day. It is the Day 1 patch, only different in name. More fixes will be rolled into the Day 0 (Day 1) patch, but we cannot specify exactly what. "
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Well, they got 3 days to fix those bugs :P

I pre-ordered it a while ago, so I'm gonna play it during Christmas time  :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

I was going to wait a bit to buy it anyway, so the bugs don't necessarily bother me. If they don't have it tidied up in a year, I'll be worried.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

I'm still pretty hyped for this. I don't mind playing through Eurojank. The Witcher series was full bugs as well. They'll patch it up like they did with Witcher 3.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/48zP5k2EraVeVU7WQn6nbI?si=00Q-yPS5Rv-4WzLsJYioCw
I've been listening to this playlist all day   :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 07, 2020, 04:32:21 PM
I'm still pretty hyped for this. I don't mind playing through Eurojank. The Witcher series was full bugs as well. They'll patch it up like they did with Witcher 3.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/48zP5k2EraVeVU7WQn6nbI?si=00Q-yPS5Rv-4WzLsJYioCw
I've been listening to this playlist all day   :lol:
Thank you for link - I'm liking it a lot.

Though I also feel slightly like I'm in a Dario Argento films and about to meet a gruesome fate :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!