Routine Shootings at US Schools and Universities Megathread.

Started by mongers, October 23, 2015, 10:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I don't get many phone calls. I always try to answer them though whether I notice or not is a big question.
Even if it's a scammer better they talk to me than someone who will believe them.
Most scams I get are text messages. Super common to get them claiming to have a package I need to pay a few pound to recieve.
Wonder why it is you get so many
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Yeah.

I answer my phone but I'd say 3/4 are scms, the other 1/4 are recruiters (scams in suits).
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

If i don't recognize a number I don't answer. Like valmy said telemarketers ruined telephones.

Don't know if it's an android thing ( dont recall it on iphone) but you can report a number as fraud when you block it so that when they call someone else the tag "likely fraud" shows up on their phone.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PDH

I answer my phone because I worry that the call center immoral scam guy in India will feel rejected if I don't.

I care.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

I try to answer my phone but I genuinely miss 9 out of 10 calls.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

I wonder what I'm doing right. I basically don't get scam/spam phone calls. Maybe once a month now.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Duque de Bragança

I missed all my calls on my landline until recently since I had put my phone on silent mode, due to spam and scammers calls, precisely.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on May 07, 2023, 05:07:52 AMThe NRA really are evil.
And we now know that a bunch of good guys with guns won't stop a car plowing in pedestrians.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Quote from: Josquius on May 07, 2023, 05:07:52 AMThe NRA really are evil.

I hope that folks who feel the need to conduct mass shootings start picking NRA conventions as their target instead of schools.

Grey Fox

Imo, Fox News and CPAC are a lot more responsible than the NRA.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

HVC

Can I blame lobby money and politicians? If so, I blame lobby money and politicians.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2023, 08:53:16 PMI put Republican voters at the top of the list.

Yep.  The politicians aren't joining the Death Cult because of the money, it is because of the votes.  A third of the GOP absolutely believes that there is an international conspiracy to steal children for sex, and another third believes that there is a "Them" that is trying to replace all whites in the US with colored foreigners.  Each of those groups believes that they will be called upon to be the armed heroes who save America.  The remaining third are absolutely adamant that they won't be disarmed now, right before End Times.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!