Routine Shootings at US Schools and Universities Megathread.

Started by mongers, October 23, 2015, 10:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Shooter was a 28 year old transgender woman who once attended the school.

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2023, 04:44:23 PMShooter was a 28 year old transgender woman who once attended the school.

Well we know what the GOP talking points will be...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Apparently this was the last Christmas card from the local representative in the House.

Don't know what's more jarring, the whole scene per se or the fact that the younger kid is holding a Christmas card of some sort while the rest of the family is heavily armed.

HVC

It won't stop until people start taking out republican politicians.

Hello government agencies, this is not a threat :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2023, 05:22:26 PMBeen a while since you mongered mongers.

I hadn't realised from what you posted that the "shot" were also fatalities, so thought it in poor taste or not appropriate to open up that debate given the circumstance.  :Embarrass:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Barrister on March 27, 2023, 05:35:38 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2023, 04:44:23 PMShooter was a 28 year old transgender woman who once attended the school.

Well we know what the GOP talking points will be...

Given the level of anti-trans sentiment, there's a real possibility of it being used as a convenient excuse for worse that just talking points, ala Herschel Grynszpan's assassination of the Nazi ambassador being used as an excuse for Kristalnacht.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Trans kid shoots up a Christian school... Oh boy do you know the point is going to be completely missed here.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

I see British news at least do not stand by the whole "trans X are X" thing much as they all report this as a woman shooting people. Either way, right wing fucktards will of course use this as anti-trans propaganda as opposed to what it should be used for: anti-gun fetish propaganda.

Josquius

I wonder whether we could get them to agree on a ban on trans people owning assault weapons.... And whilst we're at it let's just expand that to a sensible group of, I don't know, the general population.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on March 28, 2023, 07:49:59 AMAssault weapons are already banned.

Can't americans buy preban assault rifles? Or am I misremembering. Although I don't know how many would still be in circulation.

Regardless it wasn't used here so not really pertinent
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.