Routine Shootings at US Schools and Universities Megathread.

Started by mongers, October 23, 2015, 10:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on July 12, 2022, 11:40:57 PMIt is California and I am pretty sure they cannot Constitutionally ban firearms.

My bad.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Jacob on July 12, 2022, 06:17:20 PMIn other news, apparently California passed a law allowing victims of gun violence to sue gun manufacturers.

How's that going to play out, I wonder?

Preempted by the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on October 13, 2022, 09:19:31 AMhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/florida-dads-accused-of-shooting-each-other-s-daughters-in-road-rage-incident/ar-AA12ThHG?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=23ff48145b9d413597d03587056b1367&fbclid=IwAR3m1rPamhsdw93lbIhrUvDFCXfhbpk-5Iwt8I9l61k7GeYXErsnFFRuZ0g

More great Americans exercising their Second Amendment rights in the great state of Florida.

The best part is how after their children were shot, they were still more intent on fighting each other then getting them help.

The best part is
QuoteBoth men are out on bail.
Why would the judge let two homicidal maniacs charged with attempted murder out on bail?  There's not much more of a clear-cut "danger to society" than these two.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on October 13, 2022, 12:15:55 PM
Why would the judge let two homicidal maniacs charged with attempted murder out on bail?  There's not much more of a clear-cut "danger to society" than these two.

I don't know about the intricacies of Florida bail law, but more generally if they have no record, are employed, looking after/supporting children, and it was an impulsive rather than planned act - good luck to the prosecutor trying to deny them bail.  Plus it probably doesn't hurt that they're white.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2022, 12:32:25 PMI don't know about the intricacies of Florida bail law, but more generally if they have no record, are employed, looking after/supporting children, and it was an impulsive rather than planned act - good luck to the prosecutor trying to deny them bail.  Plus it probably doesn't hurt that they're white.

"If it was an impulsive rather than a planned act" logically makes it worse, because not even the accused can say if they will try it again tomorrow.  I know logic doesn't always apply ("the Law is an ass") but I find it kind of amusing in this case.

Of course, they've been convicted of nothing, either.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2022, 12:32:25 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 13, 2022, 12:15:55 PM

I don't know about the intricacies of Florida bail law, but more generally if they have no record, are employed, looking after/supporting children, and it was an impulsive rather than planned act - good luck to the prosecutor trying to deny them bail.  Plus it probably doesn't hurt that they're white.

Their action demonstrate exactly the opposite, they're both a danger to their own and other children.

I wonder if the two would have gotten bail if accussed of sexually abusing children?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

According to an interviewee on an NPR show about Alex Jones, 1/5 of Americans believe high visibility mass shootings are staged by the government.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 16, 2022, 03:27:21 PMAccording to an interviewee on an NPR show about Alex Jones, 1/5 of Americans believe high visibility mass shootings are staged by the government.
I wish they were that competent
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Surprised it's not more. US has a lot of gun nuts. Wonder how it breaks down by states.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on October 16, 2022, 05:24:33 PMSurprised it's not more. US has a lot of gun nuts. Wonder how it breaks down by states.

It's shockingly high to me.  I know a few gun nuts and none of them would buy this QAnon garbage.

This has been in a way the most depressing aspect of the Trump phenomenon, to find out how many of my countrymen are psychos.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 16, 2022, 06:04:52 PM
Quote from: HVC on October 16, 2022, 05:24:33 PMSurprised it's not more. US has a lot of gun nuts. Wonder how it breaks down by states.

It's shockingly high to me.  I know a few gun nuts and none of them would buy this QAnon garbage.

This has been in a way the most depressing aspect of the Trump phenomenon, to find out how many of my countrymen are psychos.

Isn't it just an offshoot of the black helicopter and the fake moon landing people? I always imagined that was a large portion of the rural dumbfuck population, of which the number is vast.

The Brain

When you get down to 1/5 of the population, don't you get all kinds of wacky stuff? That's about the number of insane morans in society.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.