Democrats are in denial. Their party is actually in deep trouble.

Started by jimmy olsen, October 19, 2015, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2015, 05:46:30 PM
Are we done talking about how high level our wizards are now?
I hope not.  We were about to reach a breakthrough in developing a self-perception based IQ test.

dps

Quote from: DGuller on October 20, 2015, 05:13:11 PM
Quote from: dps on October 20, 2015, 04:38:26 PM
I consider myself a pretty smart guy.  IRL, I've know several people who are smarter than me.  Here on Languish, there are several posters I figure are roughly as smart as I am, and some that may be smarter.  You're not one of 'em.
Good to know, thanks.

That came out meaner than I intended.  Sorry.

FWIW, I agree with you that as a group, posters here have an unusually high level of intelligence.

Savonarola

Quote from: dps on October 20, 2015, 04:38:26 PM
Fools often tend to think they're the smartest people around.  Smart people tend to realize that there's always someone smarter then them out there somewhere.

I consider myself a pretty smart guy.  IRL, I've know several people who are smarter than me.  Here on Languish, there are several posters I figure are roughly as smart as I am, and some that may be smarter.  You're not one of 'em.

"Smart" is probably not the right term for DGuller; a smart person would have learned to ignore Berkut's gibes some time ago.  He does come across as intelligent at least to me; (though consider the source.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Hansmeister

The big problem that the Dems are having is a complete lack of new political talent. From the democratic debate to Congress all the democratic politicians look like they should be living in an assisted living community in Florida playing bingo. There doesn't seem to be any high profile democrat who doesn't already collect a social security check.

citizen k

Quote from: Hansmeister on October 20, 2015, 06:14:38 PM
The big problem that the Dems are having is a complete lack of new political talent. From the democratic debate to Congress all the democratic politicians look like they should be living in an assisted living community in Florida playing bingo. There doesn't seem to be any high profile democrat who doesn't already collect a social security check.

The Castro brothers?

DGuller

Quote from: Savonarola on October 20, 2015, 06:14:34 PM
"Smart" is probably not the right term for DGuller; a smart person would have learned to ignore Berkut's gibes some time ago.  He does come across as intelligent at least to me; (though consider the source.)
:hug: You're clearly a very smart man.

Hansmeister

Quote from: citizen k on October 20, 2015, 06:17:58 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on October 20, 2015, 06:14:38 PM

The Castro brothers?

An unaccomplished mayor in a deep red state?  The reason he has drawn so much attention is because that is the best they can do at this time. He could very well be the VP nominee just because he is the only Hispanic politician of any prominence in the Democratic Party.

The GOP has two high profile Hispanic candidates for president right now and a deep bench of prominent Hispanic politicians with potential national roles.  It's funny since the democrats are supposed to be the party of Hispanics, probably one reason for their increasingly hysterical Republicans are TEH RASIST cries.

There are no prominent democratic governors or members of Congress at all that aren't geriatric. In 2017 the democrats will have to rebuild their talent pool from scratch.

Admiral Yi

Cuomo

I've also read good things about that Rhode Island treasurer, or maybe Lt. governor, the one that fixed their pension problem.

Savonarola

Quote from: DGuller on October 20, 2015, 06:27:42 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on October 20, 2015, 06:14:34 PM
:hug: You're clearly a very smart man.

I'm a 12th level intellect:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on October 20, 2015, 04:39:52 PM
FWIW I think y'all are a bunch of bona fide genuises.

Oh yeah, a real gang of regular brainiacs here on languish. No doubt.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 20, 2015, 06:36:09 PM
Cuomo

I've also read good things about that Rhode Island treasurer, or maybe Lt. governor, the one that fixed their pension problem.

That would be the guy who came under investigation by his own anti-corruption task force and then had them fired?  Yeah, he doesn't have a political future.

DGuller

I haven't followed New York politics for about a decade, but from what I'm hearing, Cuomo is quite a piece of work.  These types tend to have skeletons lying around in the closet.

Razgovory

Andrew Cuomo ain't going anywhere.  He's to much of a back-biting asshole.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hansmeister on October 20, 2015, 06:42:50 PM
That would be the guy who came under investigation by his own anti-corruption task force and then had them fired?  Yeah, he doesn't have a political future.

Would that make him either unknown or geriatric?  Don't move the goal posts on me you square headed deserter.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on October 20, 2015, 06:44:31 PM
I haven't followed New York politics for about a decade, but from what I'm hearing, Cuomo is quite a piece of work.  These types tend to have skeletons lying around in the closet.

Plus his squeeze is the chick that made that kwanza cake.

I'll wait while you look that up on YouTube.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive