Democrats are in denial. Their party is actually in deep trouble.

Started by jimmy olsen, October 19, 2015, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I like to think I'm smart enough not to get into arguments about how smart I am.  :smarty:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: dps on October 20, 2015, 04:38:26 PM
I consider myself a pretty smart guy.  IRL, I've know several people who are smarter than me.  Here on Languish, there are several posters I figure are roughly as smart as I am, and some that may be smarter.  You're not one of 'em.
Good to know, thanks.

lustindarkness

I am smart enough to know y'all a bunch of morons (I can even spell it right).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Malthus

I would say you are all a bunch of moraines, but that would be an insult to glaciers.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 20, 2015, 05:17:12 PM
I am smart enough to know y'all a bunch of morons (I can even spell it right).
No one likes an Einstein.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Not a comment on you DG, but I think we're a unusual subsection* of the population with a high to extremely unlikely opinion of our own intelligences.

For myself, I know there are plenty, plenty of people here brighter than me and I've also encountered many in real life. Of course, this might just be a conceit on my part, that I some how know my own measure and am in fact dumber still than I think.  :D

* a 'community' founded by a group of people who flounced off in a huff, after some words were censored in an internet debate/discussion.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on October 20, 2015, 05:20:58 PM
I would say you are all a bunch of moraines, but that would be an insult to glaciers.  :P

Tarn it!

DGuller

Quote from: mongers on October 20, 2015, 05:22:01 PM
Not a comment on you DG, but I think we're a unusual subsection* of the population with a high to extremely unlikely opinion of our own intelligences.

For myself, I know there are plenty, plenty of people here brighter than me and I've also encountered many in real life. Of course, this might just be a conceit on my part, that I some how know my own measure and am in fact dumber still than I think.  :D

* a 'community' founded by a group of people who flounced off in a huff, after some words were censored in an internet debate/discussion.
I think we are a subsection of population with an unusually high intelligence, way higher than average.  Bullshitting pointlessly about all sorts of esoteric subjects is typically not an activity enjoyed by the less gifted among us.  That doesn't mean that we're all equally thoughtful (which is not exactly the same thing as intelligent, by the way).

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Are we done talking about how high level our wizards are now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

I have a level 90 mage. That's pretty close to being a wizard.