Vote for Vienna's mayor! Because I can't!

Started by Syt, September 05, 2015, 04:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who shall govern Vienna for the next years?

1 (2.7%)
6 (16.2%)
9 (24.3%)
5 (13.5%)
9 (24.3%)
4 (10.8%)
1 (2.7%)
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Syt

And especially interesting: 2/3 of FPÖ voters find Vienna to be a city with very low quality of life.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Eh? Doesn't Vienna usually come up in the top 5 in those global most liveable city rankings?

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on October 12, 2015, 06:06:10 AM
Eh? Doesn't Vienna usually come up in the top 5 in those global most liveable city rankings?

Yes, but to be fair, those are usually aimed at corporations sending expats, which is not exactly the demographic FPÖ is aiming at. A lot of FPÖ voters are low income people, often living in public housing (where the amount of immigrants is increasing) with limited economic perspective.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The final results are in, and the mail in votes caused some changes:

- FPÖ loses a seat in city parliament to the Greens

In district councils:

- Inner City retains an ÖVP majority after all (obviously a lot of elderly mailed in their votes)
- Floridsdorf remains Social Democrat instead of flipping to FPÖ
- Währing switches from ÖVP to Greens

Looking at the vote counts of city parliament vs. districts, it seems many EU citizens mailed in their votes and chose SPÖ or Greens (EU citizens can vote for district council, but not for city parliament).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2015, 02:37:31 AM

Looking at the vote counts of city parliament vs. districts, it seems many EU citizens mailed in their votes and chose SPÖ or Greens (EU citizens can vote for district council, but not for city parliament).

So Croats do not count as EU citizens anymore or what?  FPÖ-sponsored Balkan electro pop was sure to get their votes.  :P

Syt

FPÖ is courting the naturalized Serbs, not the Croats. Many of Serb background are voting FPÖ, because "as Serbs we have experience with Muslims." FPÖ is generally regarded as very Serb-friendly.

Actually a guy on EUOT the other day asked who Strache was, because he keeps getting quoted in Serb media ("Austria says, ...").
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

So were we both wrong, was it FPÖ-sponsored Serbian Balkan electro pop?  :hmm: