Significant Support for Bombing Agrabah

Started by Jacob, December 18, 2015, 03:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2015, 05:49:01 PM
It feels like a trick question.  You could probably get a sizable number of people to support a ban dihydrogen monoxide.

In Virginia, gas pumps have signs on them that say, "Virginia law bans spills".  I always wondered why, while they were at it, the Virginia legislature didn't also pass laws banning stubbing your toe or falling in the shower.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Well, this survey gave a whole new meaning to the term "carpet bombing".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 18, 2015, 08:36:45 PM
I'd bomb Jasmine in the butt.

Hey, she is CdM's fantasy Disney anal princess.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 18, 2015, 08:50:10 PM

In his absence, I have annexed her ass for Edlandia. HAIL ED
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 18, 2015, 08:54:26 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 18, 2015, 08:50:10 PM

In his absence, I have annexed her ass for Edlandia. HAIL ED

There is significant support for bombing Anschluss, too. Watch out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 18, 2015, 04:10:50 PM
That said, Agrabah IS ruled by an evil vizier who intends to unleash a weapon of mass destruction to fuel his ambitions of conquest and usurpation.  The case for bombing is pretty decent.

At least he is predictable and offers stability. Not sure if replacing him with genie anarchy is better.

Martinus

Also, I bet if you went to a liberal university campus and asked if Charles Manson should be let out as a victim of racist judicial system, you would get a majority support...

Martinus

Speaking of worrisome polls:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/20/40-of-millennials-ok-with-limiting-speech-offensive-to-minorities/

Quote40% of American Millennials say the government should be able to prevent people from saying offensive statements about minority groups, according to a new analysis of Pew Research Center survey data on free speech and media across the globe.

Banning free speech is much more worrisome than banning a religion, imho.

The Brain

I don't think PewDiePie Research is a reputable source.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2015, 04:59:54 AM
Speaking of worrisome polls:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/20/40-of-millennials-ok-with-limiting-speech-offensive-to-minorities/

Quote40% of American Millennials say the government should be able to prevent people from saying offensive statements about minority groups, according to a new analysis of Pew Research Center survey data on free speech and media across the globe.

Banning free speech is much more worrisome than banning a religion, imho.
Europeans are much more likely to support these limitations on free speech according to that poll.