News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Podcasts you like

Started by Berkut, October 01, 2015, 11:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Not sure if we still have any Phlegms around, but the Leopold II podcast is very good.
Now if I can only find the time for 90 minute podcast episodes.

Gups

A new series by Tom Holland and Dominic Sandbrook has been getting rave reviews. Good idea to put an ancient and a modern historian together

https://play.acast.com/s/the-rest-is-history-podcast

mongers

Enjoying the new Bill Gates podcast.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Started listening to Philosophize this. Only 6 episodes in, but it already feels very dense in terms of content. I'm reading A New History of Western Philosophy, and I'm feeling a strong urge to take a head dive into Plato's and Aristotle's workse. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Series 2 of Talking Politics History of Ideas has now launched.

Episode 1 - Rousseau on Inequality :o :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 02, 2021, 05:48:30 AM

Oh nice. I'm finally nearing the end of series 1.

Syt

I'm still on Philosophize This. I'm 50 episodes in out of 150. He's spending 8 episodes on Immanuel Kant (and yet only scratches the surface). The podcast gives me some ideas for areas of self study, though, so that's good. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 02, 2021, 05:48:30 AM

I have been looking forward to this.  Once again thank you for recommending this podcast.  :)

ulmont

Celedhring, Larch, you got any Spanish language recommendations (not futbol related)?  Trying to increase my share of Spanish podcast content.

The Larch

Quote from: ulmont on February 04, 2021, 07:02:06 PM
Celedhring, Larch, you got any Spanish language recommendations (not futbol related)?  Trying to increase my share of Spanish podcast content.

Any particular topic? There are a few historical ones around, but personally I'm not a huge fan as they tend to be either quite disorganized or highly jingoistic.

ulmont

Quote from: The Larch on February 04, 2021, 07:04:10 PM
Any particular topic? There are a few historical ones around, but personally I'm not a huge fan as they tend to be either quite disorganized or highly jingoistic.

Anything you find interesting that isn't soccer.

The Larch

Quote from: ulmont on February 04, 2021, 07:33:19 PM

Give this one a shot, then: https://memoriasdeuntambor.com/

It's about episodes of the history of Spain, it veers towards jingoistic at times, but I remember it had decent production values and the guy speaks in a clear way.

Just saw they have an episode about the (according to them, unacknowledged) Spanish participation in the American War of Independence named "USA. A debt with Spain".  :lol:

ulmont

Quote from: The Larch on February 04, 2021, 07:46:38 PM

It's about episodes of the history of Spain, it veers towards jingoistic at times, but I remember it had decent production values and the guy speaks in a clear way.

Just saw they have an episode about the (according to them, unacknowledged) Spanish participation in the American War of Independence named "USA. A debt with Spain".  :lol:

Thanks!  Downloading now.

Valmy

We already paid Spain back by taking Florida off their hands.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on February 05, 2021, 12:53:34 PM

We already paid Spain back by taking Florida off their hands.

In retrospect, I guess me should be thankful.  :lol: