News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Rooms in Tut's Tomb?

Started by Malthus, October 01, 2015, 02:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

This is an interesting development. Allegedly, scanning radar has revealed a couple of long sealed, hidden rooms off of Tut's tomb.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34410720

Speculation has it that these rooms contain the original inhabitant of the tomb, that these rooms were sealed off to 're-use' the tomb for Tut.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

I wonder if they will ever be able to go in to those other rooms? No way they will destroy the delicate artwork on those walls.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 01, 2015, 02:48:20 PM
I wonder if they will ever be able to go in to those other rooms? No way they will destroy the delicate artwork on those walls.

It would be a pity to destroy the walls if all they find is the Egyptian equivalent of Al Capone's vault.  ;)

Maybe drill a tiny inconspicuous hole, and send in a mini camera?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Can't the go in from the ceiling?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on October 01, 2015, 03:07:13 PM
Can't the go in from the ceiling?

You can if you want to tunnel through many yards of solid rock ...  ;)

The Brain

Horseface tunneled through miles and miles in The Core. :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Hamilcar

I want them to open the First Emperor's tomb in China.

Malthus

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 01, 2015, 03:48:35 PM
I want them to open the First Emperor's tomb in China.

Yup, that would be awesome, even though it was almost certainly looted in antiquity. Still no hint that the Chinese gov't will allow it.