And we're back!

Main Menu

Rugby World Cup 2015

Started by Pedrito, September 20, 2015, 04:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Canada doing great against eyeties

Josquius

What I don't get is how the Japanese team is half foreigners. It seems to be really easy to qualify to play international rugby.

Very embarassing for Italy to draw against Canada.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Still playing. Great try for the canucks, now ahead. They could do with a kicker tho

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2015, 09:36:02 AMWhat I don't get is how the Japanese team is half foreigners. It seems to be really easy to qualify to play international rugby.

It's been like that for a while, elegibility for national teams in rugby is very fluid, and almost every minor national team has a bunch of 2nd rate Kiwis, Bocks, Wallabis or random Pacific islanders in their squad. Even England has a couple of them, the Vunipola brothers, but they've actually lived in England since they were kids and have always played there. France this year has a ginormous Samoan prop in their squad, as well as a South African born scrum half and full back and a Fijian wing. Italy has also had historically lots of players of Argentine origin, something they also do ocasionally in footie.

Agelastus

So, yet another England side from a team sport goes from a position of decisive domination to one of craven capitulation. :mad:

More importantly, unless they can pull of a major surprise against Australia, this is yet another example of a Lancaster coached side being "nearly but not quite" good enough...just like the last four Six Nations campaigns (where England's win-loss record and finishing position has been disappointingly consistent.) The Quarter Finals should have been the minimum goal; victory over Wales was essential.

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Pedrito

Quote from: The Larch on September 26, 2015, 09:58:14 AM
Italy has also had historically lots of players of Argentine origin, something they also do ocasionally in footie.
It's not unusual at all, considering that half of the argentinians have at least one italian grandfather  :D

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

Quote from: Pedrito on September 26, 2015, 04:53:53 PM
Quote from: The Larch on September 26, 2015, 09:58:14 AM
Italy has also had historically lots of players of Argentine origin, something they also do ocasionally in footie.
It's not unusual at all, considering that half of the argentinians have at least one italian grandfather  :D

L.

Argentine milk delivery is run by the Mafia?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pedrito

Yesterday was one hell of a day:

South Africa showing a exceptional defense against Scotland - it remains for me unexplainable how RSA let Japan score 34 points in the first match, for me they're a sure semifinalist, probable finalist;

and Australia trampling England, with the hosts already out of the tournament after three matches.

Today Ireland-Italy will be a massacre.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Liep

Great game between Scotland and Samoa.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The Argies are walking all over Ireland. :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on October 18, 2015, 07:22:59 AM
The Argies are walking all over Ireland. :huh:
After yesterday's results (Wales  :(), I hope Ireland is going through; otherwise, the Southern emisphere will have 4 semifinalists.
New Zealand demonstrated a total superiority on France, I've watched only 20 minutes but it's been a massacre.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Liep

Josquius

Really surprised how well Scotland did.

Is it just me or are all the usual top teams not what they used to be? Except perhaps Ireland, they're better than usual these days. Well, usually, didn't see the Argentina game so no idea what was up there.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

That was a very entertaining game.  Very bad luck for Scotland.