German pensioners kidnap and torture their financial advisor

Started by The Larch, June 25, 2009, 09:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Pensioner-Gang-Kidnapped-And-Tortured-Financial-Adviser-James-Amburn-In-Germany-Over-Lost-Cash/Article/200906415316992?f=rss

OAP Gang 'Kidnaps Adviser Over Lost £2m'

A gang of pensioners who lost their savings in the credit crunch have been accused of kidnapping and torturing their financial adviser.
(...)
The angry pensioners, aged between 60 and 79, had apparently invested 2.4m euros (£2m) in Mr Amburn's company, which he used to buy property in Florida, according to The Times.

He lost the money during the sub-prime mortgage crisis - but the silver-haired gang were determined to get their cash back.

The 56-year-old German-American claimed he was held almost naked in the cellar, fed soup twice a day and beaten, The Times said.

Police confirmed he suffered two broken ribs and bruising after an attempt to escape during a cigarette break "went wrong".
(...)
Two elderly couples, one aged 74 and 79 and another of 63 and 66, plus a 60-year-old were arrested.

Surely this sends the right message to financial advisors worldwide: Don't gamble with other people's money or you'll be kidnapped and tortured.

Ed Anger

They might lock him in some sort of oven also. Or they will be nice and let him take a shower.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Who knew investments in Florida real estate could turn sour?

Malthus

Heh, I'd be tempted to do the same if I lost my pension investments to an advisor who invested in Florida real estate.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Jos Theelen

Mr Madoff

Our sentence is that you will be sent to a German home for elderly people for the rest of your live.