News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mind of a Lunatic

Started by 11B4V, September 14, 2015, 08:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2015, 11:49:11 AM
The point here is that people are not naturally good. Whatever that may mean. The second our brains individualize we are naturally quite selfish, if not actually malicious.

The point is that if people are born evil the human race would have long since become extinct.  Humans survived because we are social beings. 

garbon

Being social is the opposite of evil?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2015, 02:48:57 PM

Yes, if everyone is born evil how did anyone learn to be good.   The concept of original sin is a self referencing God did it argument.

The Brain

In my experience you have to work long and hard to become truly evil.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on September 15, 2015, 03:53:19 PM
In my experience you have to work long and hard to become truly evil.

"He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets."
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2015, 05:21:11 PM
More Hitler please.

Here's a deuce.
Never forget that a majority cannot replace a man. A majority always represents stupidity and cowardice.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 15, 2015, 03:12:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2015, 02:48:57 PM

Yes, if everyone is born evil how did anyone learn to be good.   The concept of original sin is a self referencing God did it argument.

er this is an over simplification of albeit poor theology.  The idea is total depravity, but it does not imply that "good" is alien to humanity.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Archy

Downloaded a free Dutch copy in pdf from Islam radio.org. So hi NSA  and author's rights guild. First chapter starts a bit boring and about 800 pages is a long rant.