Started by jimmy olsen, September 16, 2015, 08:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on September 17, 2015, 09:55:44 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 16, 2015, 04:40:23 PM
The intro, with kittens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHf8W_7kc-w

;)

I followed a number of links in a similar vein. Let's just say what has been seen cannot be unseen. Like, the GoT intro as performed by goats.

At least it wasn't the Red Wedding.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2015, 01:47:12 PM
What an awful video and I feel awful that such spent time in a court trial. She had nothing better to do?

QuoteThen, Stephanie Lenz, poster of the video and mother of the baby, represented by Electronic Frontier Foundation, sued Universal for wrongly targeting lawful fair use.

Does that answer your question?  It was a cause lawsuit taken up by a non-profit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 17, 2015, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 17, 2015, 02:50:59 PM
Ugh, fuck that non-profit then.

Fair use issues are kind of important, g. :mellow:

I'm not overly concerned with the fair use issue in this particular case. I don't think the world would be poorer if we had less self-obsessed / family-obsessed videos using owned works as a backdrop.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on September 17, 2015, 03:26:02 PM

I'm not overly concerned with the fair use issue in this particular case. I don't think the world would be poorer if we had less self-obsessed / family-obsessed videos using owned works as a backdrop.

Aha! It's the baby that's causing the distain.  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on September 17, 2015, 03:32:05 PM

Aha! It's the baby that's causing the distain.  :lol:

While it might have been cute as a video to share with family, it wasn't really compelling enough that it needed to be shared with the world.

frunk

Quote from: garbon on September 17, 2015, 03:39:36 PM

While it might have been cute as a video to share with family, it wasn't really compelling enough that it needed to be shared with the world.

"Garbon announces campaign against 99% of the Internet"

garbon

The Minsky Moment

You understand we have a legal system here that operates on precedent?   e.g. Brown v. Bd. of Ed. wasn't just about whether Oliver Brown could send his particular kid to a Topeka public school.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 17, 2015, 04:36:22 PM

You understand we have a legal system here that operates on precedent?   e.g. Brown v. Bd. of Ed. wasn't just about whether Oliver Brown could send his particular kid to a Topeka public school.

If he does, it would appear that he's one of the few Americans that does.  This Kim Davis nonsense is shockingly ignorant.  I cringed when Mike Huckabee said that Dred Scot was the law of the land.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017