News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kim appoints son as N. Korea spy chief

Started by jimmy olsen, June 24, 2009, 11:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on June 24, 2009, 11:44:10 AM
Lol, an attempted trip to Disneyland cost him total power of a country. Sucks to be Krazy Kim's oldest son.

That's probably a fair trade off.  The downside of ruling North Korea is you have to live there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

HisMajestyBOB

And back in mid-June, it seems Jong-un tried to knock off the firstborn son, who's currently living in China:

QuoteN.Korean Heir Apparent Linked to Assassination Plot
Kim Jong-un, the third son and heir apparent of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il (left) and the leaders first son Kim Jong-nam (file photo) Kim Jong-un, the third son and heir apparent of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il (left) and the leader's first son Kim Jong-nam (file photo)

Close aides of Kim Jong-un, the 26-year-old third son and heir apparent of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, last week attempted to assassinate the leader's first son Jong-nam, KBS reported Monday citing Chinese government sources.

Aides to Kim Jong-un planned to assassinate Jong-nam, who lives in Macau, after first eliminating his close aides in North Korea. The sources said, "It seems they tried to assassinate Kim Jong-nam without telling Kim Jong-il."

The plan was foiled when the Chinese government found out about it early last week. "The Chinese government warned North Korea to stop the assassination attempt, and sent intelligence and military officers to Macau and spirited Kim Jong-nam to a safe place," the sources said.

In protest against North Korea's nuclear test and the assassination plan, China reportedly shelved all collaboration projects with North Korea such as developing natural resources and building infrastructure, part of projects celebrating the "China-North Korea Friendship Year." The sources said China also delivered a message that it would halt food and fuel assistance if North Korea continues its provocations.

The sources said the reason China was protecting Kim Jong-nam is because he has been developing friendships with high-ranking Chinese officials for a long time. KBS said Kim Jong-nam is likely to weigh option of seeking asylum in China.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2009/06/16/2009061600816.html

China's probably keeping him around in case they need to replace Jong-Un with a more compliant Kim.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

KRonn

Now this assassination stuff going on by North Korean successors and such is pretty big and interesting news!