News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's your old war wound?

Started by Brazen, September 10, 2015, 04:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on September 10, 2015, 09:07:02 AM
When I was two, my parents went to pick me up from some sort of two year old school, and when the teacher called me over to go home, they found I had a rather large cut on my cheek. It left a faint but definitely visible scar. No one knows how it happened.
Are you: Tina Fey.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Quote from: Malthus on September 10, 2015, 09:15:42 AM
Smashed my head tobogganing as a teen in a truly freak accident. Left me with a small and faint scar, and a damaged inner ear - which sometimes causes bouts of vertigo - only when my head is in a certain position.

Yep, I have ... brain damage.  :D

It is not called damage if it made you smarter than before  :lol:

Habbaku

Supinator syndrome in my right forearm ever since last year.  Physical therapy has made it all but disappear, but it still flares up every now and then.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

lustindarkness

I have broken some toes and lost toe nails, but those don't hurt right now. Knees hurt bad all the time and lately even my right foot has been hurting. Hips hurt sometimes, shoulders hurt sometimes, lower back pain sometimes, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc... Mostly joints and the abusing my body for many years. I still run BTW. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

KRonn

Back injury that I hurt when in my 20s. I'm usually ok but every now and then if flares up. It never really kept me from being in good physical condition when I was younger, and it even mostly stopped bothering me in my late 20s and beyond though as I said it can flare up. Old neck issues as I've had arthritis there forever so I sometimes get headaches from neck strain.

Biggest thing is being on blood thinners due to blood clots. I went through a tough time with that a few years ago and so I'm on the thinners for good. I get checks at the doctor's office about once a month to monitor that the things are at the right levels. I don't seem to have any ill effects but I do have to be careful about bleeding if I injure myself.

Grey Fox

I have a friend who has a giant 4-6 inches scar on his cheek.

The story is, when he was 6 years old, he was climbing down the stairs with his father just behind him. His father trip, kicks him which propulses him thru 2 glass door face first.. My friend say only a scar is pretty good, his face was a mess.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

I had a bad ear infection when I was 24 that lasted for months. I ended up with tinnitus after that. I can't stand to sleep without any white noise so I usually leave my tv running, or computer, or a fan or something.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Let's just say I had some form of injury from age 14 until 20 and I now feel all of them.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

My right upper Tibia is a complete reconstruction, bone from a cadevar around which living bone has grown, held in by metal plates and 16 or 17 screws.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Something in my neck is probably messed up from when I took a roller-coaster ride, and my neck flexed enough that my chin hit the bar.  I couldn't turn my head for a week.  If I hold my head up with my neck muscles, the same area ceases up rather uncomfortably pretty quickly.

Ideologue

As best as I can guess, I tore a ligament from trying to lift a fat person about eleven months ago.  Didn't notice it at the time, but for six or seven months, I could barely do anything involving my right shoulder.  I've only started doing arm and chest exercises again recently, and I can still feel that it's not 100%.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jaron

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 10, 2015, 06:28:24 PM
My right upper Tibia is a complete reconstruction, bone from a cadevar around which living bone has grown, held in by metal plates and 16 or 17 screws.

Are you a construct...
Winner of THE grumbler point.