News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Divinity: Original Sin 2 on Kickstarter

Started by Solmyr, August 27, 2015, 10:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

RPS article here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/26/divinity-original-sin-2/

Stuff sounds very good. Especially diverging storylines and possible conflicting objectives for coop players.

QuoteIn a perfect example of the kind of intertwined branching objectives that can emerge, one character might follow a plotline that makes them reliant on the survival of the assassination target in order to leave the island, while the assassin has been promised safe passage if he carries out the job. The respective players might not be aware that they're locked into contradictory objectives but when they do become aware, they can either decide to work together for the greater good, or apply metaphorical (and perhaps real) knives to backs.

And Kickstarter page here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2

celedhring

If they can really pull the competing storylines off, it would be amazing. I'm doubtful, though. If a character "fails" a quest, then the story has to somehow keep progressing for him, but if there aren't consequences it will feel like it's just window dressing. Seems quite hard to balance.

Intrigued, nonetheless, I enjoyed D:OS a lot and will get this one without a doubt.

Grey Fox

I backed it.

I should really go back & finish D:OS.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Scipio

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 27, 2015, 06:37:50 PM
I backed it.

I should really go back & finish D:OS.
I should start it. It seemed very opaque to me. Never got into it.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

celedhring

There's an "enhanced edition" update coming soon for free. I would wait for that before starting a playthrough.

I found the game very enjoyable, myself.

Scipio

Yeah, I just started New Game Plus on hardest difficulty on Witcher 3. THis will be my third play through.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt