Ashley Madison offers £300,000 reward amid reports of member suicides

Started by Syt, August 24, 2015, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

We had several closeted Republicans in my own family. My staunchly Democrat great grandfather died and they all came out of the woodwork. Course, should have known given their devoted church going ways.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2015, 01:56:11 PM
Quote from: Malthus on August 26, 2015, 01:54:05 PM
I came for the sexual repression. I stayed for the funky hat with a buckle on it.

Seriously.  A hat with a damned buckle.  Genius.

And repressed Puritan women are pretty fun behind closed doors :)

That's where there were only so many fucks that could be given
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 26, 2015, 06:43:21 PM
http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944

:lol:

QuoteWhat I discovered was that the world of Ashley Madison was a far more dystopian place than anyone had realized. This isn't a debauched wonderland of men cheating on their wives. It isn't even a sadscape of 31 million men competing to attract those 5.5 million women in the database. Instead, it's like a science fictional future where every woman on Earth is dead, and some Dilbert-like engineer has replaced them with badly-designed robots.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

DGuller

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Found this interesting.

Both the Impact Team and disgruntled users of Ashley Madison have called the site fraudulent, mostly because the company charged men to shut down their accounts

alfred russel

I'd hope for Ashley Madison's sake they kept the company thinly capitalized.

I used to audit a company that was both highly profitable and in a rather dodgy business. As soon as assets came in the door, they were paid out as dividends and they stayed loaded with massive amounts of debt.

It would be amusing to discover that Ashley Madison has like $50k in assets and is loaded with debt many times that.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014