News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I thought Nations not in a camp cannot drop cards?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

In either case, England will do their duty, and drop a card.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

If you can find that rule, I'd be happy to apply it, but...

Quote5.8 PEACE DIE ROLL
The game ends on a Peace die roll greater than or equal to "6".
Each player, in Order of Movement, may add or subtract one
to/from the upcoming Peace die roll once this Turn by reducing
the Hand replenishment of a specific Power he commands for the
next Turn by one card. A Peace die roll is then made. A Power
due only a minimum draw (14.32) in the next Turn, or which is
a Subject Neutral, may not influence the Peace die roll. A Proxy
Power may never influence the Peace die roll. Each player
can spend only one card regardless of the number of Powers
controlled.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

England's dropping a card.  Austria?  Practically have to, I think.  If Austria drops one, Russia doesn't, and France drops one, then the game will continue automatically.

Del's up to decide.

I think we can safely assume he will, though, so the really important person is Viking.  Russia?  Dropping a card?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Hmmm, ok. Not sure where I got that idea then.

Del is up to declare if he will drop a card.

0 rows returned

Viking

meh, I'm not dropping... dropping a card is like declaring war on myself...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Right.  Assuming that Del is definitely dropping a card, I think we can safely assume that grumbler will pass the buck to me--and I will definitely pay the card to prolong the game.

So, with that done, we're off to the Interphase...which means grumbler gets to make another decision--whether to join a camp or not.

Grumbler, your call.  Make your offers.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Sorry, didn't realize the interphase was coming up so quickly.

I cannot drop a card, as I see it, because I am still only due a minimum draw.

I need a little time to think about offering for camps.  You guys were not supposed to be still at an essential draw at this point; one camp or the other was supposed to be desperate for my help and willing to offer the moon.  :lol:

Let me re-read the diplomacy rules, run the accumulated impulses, and get back to you guys in a bit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Okay, I will ofer first to join the Allied camp, as my reading is that Habbuki is actually in a very good spot to win the war next turn.

I will join if I get Warsaw back during the turn, and will not ask for the Parliament card, as I think it will be needed elsewhere.  Britain can offer it as compensation to Russia for Warsaw, if he wishes.

I will make the condition that the Danish peninsula be considered my sphere of influence, and that the coalition (and especially Britain) make an honest effort this turn to drive the Danish fleet from the Baltic and maintain the Baltic danish-fleet-free in perpetuity, to allow me to move to Copenhagen once the main battle with France is over.  A Coalition power will not take Copenhagen unless to flag it as Prussian (I don't know if the rules allow placing allied flags, so take this for what it is worth).  Norway is outside my sphere.

On my part, I undertake to raise the Landwehr and invade France, and to leave Brussels, Rotterdam, and Antwerp to the British.  The rest of France is a race against time.

Failing the acceptance of this offer, I will offer to the Imperial camp, and try for a second-place finish.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Assuming the Brits guarantee me Parliament this turn I'll agree to give the Prussians Warsaw once the Prussians take Nassau.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2009, 06:40:50 PM
Assuming the Brits guarantee me Parliament this turn I'll agree to give the Prussians Warsaw once the Prussians take Nassau.
That is not a veto, and assuming the British agree, it is a deal, so long as "any original French key" is the equivalent of Nassau (so as not to give the French the power to screw with the bargain).

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: grumbler on April 10, 2009, 06:48:17 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2009, 06:40:50 PM
That is not a veto, and assuming the British agree, it is a deal, so long as "any original French key" is the equivalent of Nassau (so as not to give the French the power to screw with the bargain).

I will accept the Prussians into the Coalition faction in exchange for a guarantee that Russia can determine who Parliament is played to the benefit for and when the Prussians take "Any French Key" (not "any French Original Key") and hold it to the end of the turn I will hand Warsaw to the Prussians.

Can you agree to that?

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2009, 06:51:05 PM
I will accept the Prussians into the Coalition faction in exchange for a guarantee that Russia can determine who Parliament is played to the benefit for and when the Prussians take "Any French Key" (not "any French Original Key") and hold it to the end of the turn I will hand Warsaw to the Prussians.

Can you agree to that?
I can agree, but I think you are placing limits on Britain that Berkut may want to modify.  The turnover of Warsaw would have to take place this turn, so I can get an additional card next turn.

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: grumbler on April 10, 2009, 06:56:56 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2009, 06:51:05 PM

Can you agree to that?
I can agree, but I think you are placing limits on Britain that Berkut may want to modify.  The turnover of Warsaw would have to take place this turn, so I can get an additional card next turn.

If you take Nassau, and get Warsaw you will get an extra card if I understand it correctly.

Can't I hand you the city at any time?

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2009, 06:58:53 PM
If you take Nassau, and get Warsaw you will get an extra card if I understand it correctly.

Can't I hand you the city at any time?
That is my understanding, and the point of asking for Warsaw.  With me in the game on your side, you have plenty of pickings, and no Turkish War threat.

My reservations about this deal are solely around whether or not Britain can accept it.

Bayraktar!