News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on May 19, 2016, 10:08:49 AM
Every modern software development method stresses that you should deliver a minimum viable product and then incrementally improve that based on real customer feedback. So what they do here is just state of the art.

Hmm, I learned something today as I usually would only use 'state of the art' as a positive.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Why would it not be positive in this context?

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on May 19, 2016, 10:13:20 AM

What you described doesn't sound particularly great for consumers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on May 19, 2016, 10:01:09 AM
I right clicked with the fleet, and they go to the planet, but when I check the planet screen the bombardment options are greyed out. I have no option to attack with my battle fleet. I can attack the enemy planets fine, just not my own invaded planet.

Change your policies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2016, 10:59:20 AM

It incorporates consumer feedback into product design at the earliest possible stage, which typically leads to much higher satisfaction and a more mature product faster than any other way that has been tried in software development in the past. It lessens risks of going in the wrong direction too. If anything, Paradox should just fully embrace it and let the users vote what they want next. A designer guessing has been shown time and again to be a worse decision mechanism if you want a successful product.

Berkut

Quote from: Zanza on May 19, 2016, 12:09:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2016, 10:59:20 AM

It incorporates consumer feedback into product design at the earliest possible stage, which typically leads to much higher satisfaction and a more mature product faster than any other way that has been tried in software development in the past. It lessens risks of going in the wrong direction too. If anything, Paradox should just fully embrace it and let the users vote what they want next. A designer guessing has been shown time and again to be a worse decision mechanism if you want a successful product.

:yes:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

frunk

I like consumer feedback, voting sounds like a bad idea.  I'd prefer the publisher keep to their own direction with input, a game design by voting doesn't sound like it would maintain a clear focus.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 19, 2016, 11:49:29 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 19, 2016, 10:01:09 AM
I right clicked with the fleet, and they go to the planet, but when I check the planet screen the bombardment options are greyed out. I have no option to attack with my battle fleet. I can attack the enemy planets fine, just not my own invaded planet.

Change your policies.
there a bomb your own planet in the policies? I'll check when I get home.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: frunk on May 19, 2016, 12:24:18 PM

I like consumer feedback, voting sounds like a bad idea.  I'd prefer the publisher keep to their own direction with input, a game design by voting doesn't sound like it would maintain a clear focus.

Agreed.

Zanza

Call it prioritizing then. Propose three different sets of features (e.g. a Trade DLC, a Diplo DLC and a Warfare DLC) and let the users vote. If they pick the Trade DLC, develop that. Next round, offer them the Diplo DLC, the Warfare DLC and a new Planet Development DLC and let them vote again what they want this time. Rinse and repeat.

Legbiter

Just noticed that the materialist science directorate species sometimes make remarks about euphoric enlightenment in a clever nod to the Euphoric Fedora meme.  ^_^
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

:yes: Sometimes consumers don't really know what they want until they have it.

Pedrito

The 1.0.3 hotfix is making my remarkably stable game crash with alarming frequency

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on May 19, 2016, 03:32:45 PM
Just noticed that the materialist science directorate species sometimes make remarks about euphoric enlightenment in a clever nod to the Euphoric Fedora meme.  ^_^

Had to google that. I am now traumatised by the fact that there is a non-statistically-insignificant portion of the male populace who consider a fedora a viable fashion choice.

Pedrito

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 19, 2016, 09:01:27 AM
I absolutely suck at this game. I got up to three planets last night, before I was exterminated by a much more powerful empire.

+1  <_<

In my last game I was blocked in my expansion between an allied empire and a rival one; I decided to wage war against the rival, not before having assessed that our military was "Equivalent" in power (in my case, I was around 1k)
Immediately after the war declaration, their forces become "Overwhelming" and they start roaming my planets with at least two 3K fleets.
Useless to say that my armies and fleets were crushed like the cockroaches they are, and I am in bad need of restarting another game

:cry:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: