Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Elections though.... :hmm:

Maybe it's about pirates?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Norgy

Caliga

Since they recently trademarked the name 'Stellaris', it seems like it's gonna be a space sim.

It'll either be really, really good or really, really bad.  Most likely it won't be any good until Stellaris 3 comes out in 2025.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

I would like to see what they could do when they had the chance to create an interesting grand strategy game without having to worry about every mechanic simulating history 100% of the time.

crazy canuck

Quote from: sbr on July 31, 2015, 06:43:21 PM
I would like to see what they could do when they had the chance to create an interesting grand strategy game without having to worry about every mechanic simulating history 100% of the time.

Yeah, not having the gimp some factions and boost others will free them to make a good game.

dps

Cold War game.  Starts in 1947, ends in 2003.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 31, 2015, 06:58:59 PM
Quote from: sbr on July 31, 2015, 06:43:21 PM

Yeah, not having the gimp some factions and boost others will free them to make a good game.

Or we could end up with something bland - devoid of flavor.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Bluebook

WW1

Edit:
Must be, right? Elections in the US, France and UK. 7 Allied powers against 3 German. Terrain is crucial. So is tech development. Cant really simulate trench warfare with todays EU-engine and that is why vicky failed in that aspect, which brings the need for a new engine.

No stabbing of pigs could mean both "no Rome-game" and a reference to the "dolchstoss"-legend.

Cant remember if Johan ever said anything about a ww1-game being his dream though, but its not impossible.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Black dude without any kind of fancy headgear, that rules out several historical scenarios. Might be a space sim indeed.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on July 31, 2015, 04:34:00 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 31, 2015, 01:49:54 PM
maybe it's an age-of-sail-game where you need to navigate by star. :p

7 = seven seas
3 = British navy traditions

It all checks out!

Or they are doing something based on Game of Thrones, what with Seven Kingdoms (not sure what 3 would stand for, though).

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.