News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 30, 2015, 06:53:10 PM
Chinese strategy game then? The Three Kingdoms period and the The Seven Warring States.
Elections though? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on July 30, 2015, 07:06:56 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 30, 2015, 06:53:10 PM
Chinese strategy game then? The Three Kingdoms period and the The Seven Warring States.
Elections though? :hmm:
Ah, you're right. Don't see that. Don't see how it can be anything other than a Rome or Ancient Greece game if elections are important. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

73 candidates in the 2016 US elections, important terrain could be the Rockies, but not much tech development lately.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

ulmont

Paradox filed for a community trademark at the end of June for "STELLARIS" for goods and services beginning with computer game software: 
https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014306054

Drakken

Caliga

That would explain the 'terrain' hint... desert planet vs. ocean planet vs. rocky planet, etc.

Barrister

A Paradox space game has the potential to rock very, very hard.

Potentially.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Maybe their thinking is, "People were asking for a proper new SimCity after the EA game bombed, and we gave it to them. Let's see if we can do the same with Alpha Centauri."

Main difference being, of course, that Cities Skylines was developed by a third party and not in house.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Hint #7: This is a project we've always dreamt about doing, something all of PI have been involved in, not just the PDS developers.

I do seem to recall that Johan always said that he'd never do a sci-fi game, right?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

He also said Snowball was a great developer at one point. :)

Crazy_Ivan80

maybe it's an age-of-sail-game where you need to navigate by star. :p

Zanza

celedhring

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 31, 2015, 01:49:54 PM
maybe it's an age-of-sail-game where you need to navigate by star. :p

7 = seven seas
3 = British navy traditions

It all checks out!