News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

That gives me an idea, make a xenophillic species that goes out and conquers all it can, always purging the entire species' except for one token enslaved pop and collecting all these sample pops on one sort of Alien Zoo planet. Make adding to the zoo the whole raison d'ĂȘtre of empire.  :ph34r:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

MadBurgerMaker

That sounds like it could be an interesting game.  You might have to use a gaia world for it though, right?  A potentially pretty big one, depending on how many samples you collect.   :hmm: 

Legbiter

I think you can put them on any planet with a planetary administration, the habitability percentage isn't an issue with enslaved pops per se, Oh they'll be deeply, deeply unhappy, but surely that's a small price to pay for being part of a celebration of the diversity of sentient life in the galaxy.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol: Damn, good call.  I completely whiffed on the fact that we were talking about slaves, so who cares if the planet sucks for some/all of them.  Can you populate a planet entirely with slaves?  Hell....can you shoot slaves off into space on colony ships?  That would open some interesting possibilities with low habitability planets if you haven't gotten droids yet.  Penal colonies.

E:  Im having a helluva time finding terraforming liquids in my current game. 

Grey Fox

For the first time, A sector ordered it's on starbase & even commissioned it's own construction ship.

It happened after I gave that sector 3k minerals.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Yeah, I had sectors build their own starbases.

What I really want to know is if they will upgrade colonies reasonably though - it seemed like before they would not upgrade the colony to a planetary base, which meant they could not upgrade anything really.

I wish there was a centralized why of ordering ship construction across multiple starbases.

Also, ships should not be forever upgradable.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

I think they were not upgrading to a Planetary Base because that buildings requires influence and they don't generate any & we keep giving them our Frontier Outpost.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

One thing I don't like that just popped up again for me is how wars just suddenly end when the points goals are met.  Poof war over, fleets are MIA.  I don't care if, once I get tired of killing them, that I can only end up doing what I picked in the goals at the beginning, I just want to be able to ignore their pleas while I bombard their planets back to the stone age for a while.  Mer.

Zanza

They do upgrade the planetary base. I checked that in my game. Takes a while though.

Never had a sector build a ship.

We desperately need some kind of ship building interface, which allows you to build ships across your empire and send them to a rally point.

Monoriu

I call my empire United Bank of Capitalists.  The race is known as Angels.  I need to think of a name for the home system though.

Zanza

Legbiter

A primitive species under aggressive observation formed X-COM to deal with it. First they started shooting down my abduction flights then they blew up my observation post with a nuke.  :showoff:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2016, 03:22:37 AM
A primitive species under aggressive observation formed X-COM to deal with it. First they started shooting down my abduction flights then they blew up my observation post with a nuke.  :showoff:

My aggressive observation has influenced the locals on one planet and made them xenophobic and militarist  :yeah:

I can't wait to see how nasty they will end up as I keep up the abduction rate  :cool:

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2016, 03:22:37 AM

Wow that's awesome. :D

Zanza

I was able to speed up technological progress of one of my observed species and they became space-faring themselves and my vassal. I also uplifted two non-sentient species, which is interesting but seems to go way too fast in the game.