News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Man, I pre-ordered, and it didn't give me a spot to put in the code, so I paid full price. :mad:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Surely you can get a refund and try again?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Yeah, I did that.

Where does it let you put in a redemption code in Steam though?

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Assuming you bought it from Green Man Gaming with the code, they will send you a key close to the game's release date.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Green Man Gaming? I am confused. I thought this was through Steam...

0 rows returned

Habbaku

I am no longer sure if you are trolling or not.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Sadly, I am not. I thought this was a Steam thing - I've never used Green Man Gaming.

In any case, I went there and got it, so I am all good. Once it drops, it will still be a Steam game anyway - that is the part I was not clear about.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

:yes:  GMG and others do sales like this rather frequently.  You're pretty much always buying a Steam key, so there won't be any issues with compatibility (like me and my Crusader Kings 2 stuff that's sitting on Gamer's Gate where it does me no good).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 23, 2016, 09:50:11 PM
:yes:  GMG and others do sales like this rather frequently.  You're pretty much always buying a Steam key, so there won't be any issues with compatibility (like me and my Crusader Kings 2 stuff that's sitting on Gamer's Gate where it does me no good).

You know they gave out Steam keys to transfer all of your GG Crusader Kings stuff over, right? 

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-steam-and-gg-versions-the-future.736049/

Habbaku

I was actually unaware of that!  Mostly because I stopped paying attention to CK2 stuff when all those Steam sales started up and I was sitting there with a bunch of GG product and no way to transfer.  Now I log in and see there are keys waiting for me.

Thanks!   :hug:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

:lol:  And then I go to get the keys and there's a pop-up telling me they're out of serial keys.  Of course.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

Quote from: Habbaku on April 23, 2016, 11:32:05 PM
:lol:  And then I go to get the keys and there's a pop-up telling me they're out of serial keys.  Of course.

Same for me. Paradox has been trying to get GG to release the keys for a long time now, here's the thread.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/where-are-my-dlcs-that-i-bought-from-gamersgate.888801/

QuoteAndrewT said: ↑

It is exactly that simple. We gave Steam keys to GG to distribute to all their CK2 customers, as many as they asked for, over and over. This system worked perfectly fine until the new owners of GG arrived, and for reasons that no-one understands decided to become utterly obstructive all of a sudden.

We can't give out a second set of Steam keys, if that's what you are suggesting - making $0 from each of those sales is one thing, but making an actual dollar loss ... well, I don't think anyone would expect us to swallow that. All I can wonder is, what are GG doing wth all those keys we give them, that they are not handing out to their customers? They somehow manage to claim simultaneously that they keep running out of keys to give out, and that they are not authorised to give keys out ... ?!?

BjornB said:

Hi guys,

Here is how it is. We've been working hard to find a solution and we've talked to Gamersgate, and here's the thing. Gamersgate are responsible for delivering the product to their customers. We no longer have any collaboration with them, but we still went ahead and provided them with the means necessary (as stated by Gamersgate) to solve the issue.

There is nothing more we can do from our end. We've fulfilled our part of the commitment that existed between our two companies. If you have any problems with the delivery of products from Gamersgate, then I can only urge you to proceed as you would with any company failing to live up to it's promises.

I wish there was more we could do. But I hope that you understand that it's not reasonable that we put in hundreds of work hours to reimburse someone because another, completely unrelated company, did not deliver on it's promises.

I really hope that any issues you've had with Gamersgate will be resolved to your satisfaction. With this statement I must consider this matter closed from our end. I do apologize as I feel that I made a promise to make sure the problem was resolved, but failed to do so.

BjornB said:

Addition:

For us to replace the keys that GG did not deliver would first of all mean that we had to deliver things again that we already delivered. This wouldn't be the biggest problem however. The amount of tickets and contacts we've received on the matter points to us having to spend 100+ work hours to resolve something for another company that we already spent a lot of time and effort trying to help resolve the issue. Not to mention that we don't even have reliable means of verifying who's actually entitled to a replacement key :(

Martinus

Just get the goddamn game again when it is on Sale on Steam. God knows that with the time we spend playing Paradox games, we have probably got their worth several times over.

Maladict

I've actually spent very little time on it. It's not a history book you know.