News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Berkut on June 01, 2022, 01:25:45 PMIs war still an exercise in whack-a-mole?
It has gotten better, especially war exhaustion and AI accepting terms before you conquer everything. But it is not great, still have to follow fleets around to beat them.

The fun part about Stellaris is the exploration, the possibility to be evil, the way your empire can develop in the course of the game.

Berkut

Oh yeah, the fun of the game isn't so much the wars, but getting ready for the wars. It is for HOI like.

But once the war starts, the chasing around bit is really tiresome.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I would suggest that the war problem is solved by multiplayer play, but Berkut doesn't do that.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Berkut on June 01, 2022, 04:38:53 PMOh yeah, the fun of the game isn't so much the wars, but getting ready for the wars. It is for HOI like.

But once the war starts, the chasing around bit is really tiresome.
Very.  Especially when they have a single corvette running around 'liberating' the conquered systems so their war score is inflated.  Or when I conquer half of an alliance and destroy their navies but the war goes on because. 
Or when I'm in an alliance and I can't back out of war that I'm the only one actively fighting in because I'm not the alliance leader.
PDH!